Systems Test Engineer Graduate Program 2023
Today in Australia more than 16 million public transport trips are taken every week using Cubic’s smart card ticketing systems – 13 million with the Opal card in New South Wales and 2.9 million with the go card in south east Queensland.
Globally, nearly 10 billion rides every year are taken using Cubic systems and we have delivered public transit and traffic management systems to over 450 transport operators in major cities and regions on four continents, including Transport for NSW and TransLink in Brisbane.
Our customers trust us to provide the technology needed for their passengers to move freely and easily across their networks. Whether it’s London’s Oyster, Sydney’s Opal or Brisbane’s go card, Cubic’s solutions keep the transport network moving, and get you where you need to go.
About the Cubic Graduate Program
At Cubic, you will be welcomed into a team with diverse skills and varying levels of experience to enhance your learning opportunities. Working with Cubic will allow you to challenge perceptions, learn new skills, build knowledge and achieve your goals.
Throughout Cubic's Graduate Program, you can expect to experience:
- Induction into Cubic Transportation Systems and Cubic Corporation
- Opportunities for key stakeholder and customer engagement
- Access to many engineering processes & tools
- Work in an environment where your contribution matters
- Attend professional development courses (subject to business requirements and probation reviews)
You will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary which will be reviewed regularly, with increases related to the achievement of key milestones
- Access to a range of employee benefits! These include: discounted health cover; parental leave top-up; volunteering leave; charitable donation matching; discounts at a large range of retailers; and many more!
- A supportive, team-based environment which promotes knowledge sharing and driving innovation via ‘out of the box’ thinking and global collaboration
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities based on your interests and career aspirations. As part of the Graduate Program journey, you will be exposed to a variety of learning experiences to build the right capabilities to set you up for success!
About the Role
As a Graduate Systems Test Engineer at Cubic you will work closely with the Test team to learn all about testing processes and work evaluations. This includes identifying software and hardware defects, illustrating system capability against defined performance measures and requirements, and working with the appropriate departments towards their rectifications. Working in the Test Team provides you with the opportunity to be involved with the entire OPAL system End to End, develop complex travel scenarios working side by side with the customer, and assist with the transition of new features to production.
You then get to experience the fruits of your great work as you travel around Sydney!
You'll be a recent university graduate with a bachelor degree, ideally in computer science or engineering (or related).
As part of your degree you’ll have become familiar with testing and following pre-written test scripts to demonstrate conformance of devices. You will also have the ability to understand and explain system and device defects. Additionally, if you have had SQL experience with databases that would be a plus!
In general, you'll be confident self starter with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail who is flexible and able to work well with others in a team!
You must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your expression of interest now for our Graduate Systems Test Engineering roles – commencing in 2023!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:22nd Feb 2023, 9:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.