As a STEM Cadet, you will be employed as an Australian Public Service (APS) employee where you will be provided with real-world, practical and high-quality work in the Department of Defence. You will be employed in a Defence Group or Service relevant to your tertiary STEM studies.
As a STEM Cadet, you will receive:
- guaranteed ongoing permanent employment with Defence;
- 60 days (minimum) Defence work placements per year;
- a minimum starting annual salary of $50,608 pro-rata plus 15.4% superannuation;
- reimbursement of compulsory STEM-related university fees upon successful completion;
- reimbursement of costs incurred for books/resources for STEM units up to a maximum of $500 per semester;
- maximum $3,000 subsidy payment per year; and
- Upon successful completion of the Cadetship Program, full-time employment with an annual salary of $69 811.
The STEM Cadetship will provide you with excellent learning and career development opportunities to propel you into your future career with confidence. As a STEM Cadet, you will work across a vast spectrum of Defence projects that will offer exposure to new and exciting challenges.
Why choose the STEM Cadetship Program?
- Get a head start in your research career
- Learn from the best
- Work Content. More than π in the sky
- Discover how your university discipline can lead to a rewarding, challenging and meaningful career in Defence.
To be eligible, applicants must complete their tertiary studies (including Honours/Masters/Postgraduate) between the end of Semester Two 2022 and the end of Semester Two 2024.
Be enrolled in a relevant STEM undergraduate (with Honours/Masters/Postgraduate) degree or are eligible and agree to undertake a Honours/Masters degree as part of the STEM Cadetship if required.
Applicants must have a credit average (GPA ≥ 5 on a seven point scale) when applying for the STEM Cadetship and must maintain a credit average for the duration of the Cadetship.
- Job type:Cadetships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
$50,608 + 15.4% superannuation
- Program Duration
1 to 3 Years
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 1:30 pm