The STEM Cadetship offers students a head start to a rewarding career in Defence by offering an entry-level employment pathway for high performing tertiary students currently studying a relevant STEM degree.
As a STEM Cadet, you will be employed as an Australian Public Service (APS) employee where you will be provided with real-world, practical and high-quality work in the Department of Defence.
During the STEM Cadetship, you will be able to apply your discipline, academic knowledge and skills to contribute to Defence’s current projects. Similarly, you will be able to apply the practical skills and knowledge that you learn from Defence back into your studies.
Find out how your university discipline can lead to a rewarding, challenging and meaningful career in Defence. The STEM Cadetship will provide you with excellent learning and career development opportunities to propel you into your future career with confidence.
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing (permanent) employment with a minimum salary of $49,616 pa (plus 15.4% superannuation) during your cadetship;
- Payment of compulsory university fees (i.e. course fees) during your Cadetship;
- $500 per semester book/resources allowance;
- 60-days (minimum) work placements per annum in Defence; and
- Guaranteed employment with Defence upon successful completion of the Cadetship.
- Australian citizenship; and
- A credit average (GPA ≥ 5 on a seven point scale); and
- Will complete their tertiary studies (including Honours/Masters) between the end of Semester Two 2021 and the end of Semester Two 2023; and
- Are currently enrolled in a relevant STEM undergraduate (with Honours/Masters) degree or are eligible and agree to undertake an Honours/Masters degree as part of the STEM Cadetship if required.
Please see the website below for a list of relevant STEM degrees.
Applications for the 2021 intake close 18 April 2020!
For more information about the STEM Cadetship visit http://www.defence.gov.au/APSCareers/stem-cadetship.asp
A Civilian STEM career in Defence offers you unparalleled exposure to technical and scientific expertise, diverse learning opportunities and unique development experiences. You will have access to cutting edge technology and you will experience an inclusive, stimulating and dynamic environment that fosters innovation, creativity and problem solving. Watch now to find out how you can work across a variety internationally significant Defence projects and immerse yourself in new and exciting challenges! Discover your potential at Defence.