The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is responsible for national policies and programs that ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
Our finance graduates will help shape the delivery of essential services within the financial resource management framework. By providing sound financial management advice to the executive team, the department is able to shape policy that impacts on the lives of Australians. DESE finance graduates are involved in significant financial accountability and are given real responsibility from the start.
What our finance graduates do
- Prepare detailed budgets and costings for projects, initiatives and groups.
- Interpret accounting standards and provide financial analysis and reporting.
- Writing briefs including senate estimates and updates to internal policies and guidelines
- Detailed account reconciliations and reports
- Assist in procurement activities including interpretation of the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines
- Problem solve, conduct process mapping and suggest improvements
Who we are looking for
We are looking for graduates who have:
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce or accounting related disciplines including accounting actuarial studies, economics, finance and statistics
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and work as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to actively engage with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and an attitude open to learning and innovation
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2020, 1:30 pm