The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is responsible for national policies and programs that ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
We offer career opportunities for highly talented, enthusiastic and motivated graduates who have excellent team work, interpersonal and communication skills and personal drive.
Our Generalist Pathway accepts applicants with degrees from all disciplines. You will experience 2 placements, each lasting 5 months and will work in various roles that may include policy development and advice, project and contract management, program implementation, governance and communications.
These placements provide exposure to the key priorities, policies and programs and general business of the Department, allowing you to gain an understanding of the department’s broader objectives. Generalist graduates participate in diverse projects and learn how different areas operate.
Some of DESE’s strategic priorities, you may work on, include:
- improving learning outcomes by enabling quality, affordable and accessible early education and care for families
- improving schooling outcomes for our children
- equipping the workforce of the future through globally competitive tertiary education, training and research sectors
- helping people find and keep a job, create their own job, change jobs, reskill and enjoy fulfilling careers
- developing a strong evidence base for effective policy that reflects and understands the varied needs of the Australian population, business and industry.
Who we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in any discipline
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and work as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to actively engage with co-workers and stakeholders
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and an attitude open to learning and innovation
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Banking and Finance,...
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2020, 1:30 pm