The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is responsible for national policies and programs that ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
We offer a career pathway for talented and motivated law graduates. Legal graduates undertake two placements within the legal practice to gain skills and experience and develop legal skills. Legal graduates will also have access to a blended learning program offering a combination of structured training, networking opportunities and on the job experience. Support may also be offered towards completion of a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice and admission as a Legal Practitioner if required.
What our legal graduates do
The department’s in-house legal practice offers a wide range of services. Our lawyers provide legal advice across the range of the department’s responsibilities (including in relation to the development of legislation and the conduct of litigation).
Graduates are involved in the full range of work undertaken by our legal teams. Areas include government and administrative law, corporate and commercial law, insolvency law, intellectual property, litigation (including some advocacy work), social security, information law, workers’ compensation, workplace relations, and work health and safety law and legislation development.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for graduates who have:
- a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice or a commitment to complete the qualification and gain admission as a Legal Practitioner.
Additionally graduates should:
- have excellent legal and analytical capabilities
- have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- have personal drive and enthusiasm
- show initiative and flexibility
- possess leadership qualities.
- strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and work as part of a team
- well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to actively engage with co-workers and stakeholders
- enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and an attitude open to learning and innovation
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2020, 1:30 pm