Our graduate program is a great way for you to transition from education to employment. We know firsthand the significance of this milestone and you'll find our graduate program connects you to friendly, experienced professionals who will help you apply your skills and knowledge as you start your career pathway in life.
Creating opportunities through education, skills and employment is at the heart of our department's purpose. Join us as we work to implement transformative government policies and programs and draw on the best research and evidence to improve education and employment outcomes for Australians – starting with you.
The department offers a ten-month graduate program to those with Higher Education (university) qualifications. Successfully completing the program will help you apply your skills and build on your experience for a fulfilling career in the Australian Public Service (APS).
Our 10-month Graduate Program runs from February to December 2022.
Located in Canberra, the program offers:
- two diverse work placements which provide the opportunity to work on a variety of programs and policies developed and implemented by the department
- a supportive, inclusive and flexible working environment
- on-the-job experience
- extensive learning and development program and;
- various opportunities to be involved in a wide range of networks
When you join the Program you also get:
- relocation assistance to move to Canberra
- permanent ongoing employment in the Australian Public Service
- career progression from APS level 3.1 to APS Level 4.1 on successful completion of the program
- an Employee Assistance Program for wellbeing and career support
- a dedicated Graduate Sponsor passionate about seeing you thrive
Register your interest now, and you'll be the first to know when we open for applications!
Express your interest
To learn more about our department's Graduate Program, register your interest and we will be in touch with more information about our work, and tips on how to apply. The Expression of Interest involves completing a short online form capturing your key interests and contact information so we can keep in contact with you.
Expressions of interest opened on 9 March 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Communications, Data Science and Analytics, Education,...
- Work rights:
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 7:30 am