Are you motivated and want to make a difference? The Department of Education Skills and Employment (DESE) strives to deliver better outcomes for Australians by creating education, skills, and employment pathways. Our work makes a difference to the lives of Australians and spans every life stage from early learning to child care, schooling to higher education, and skills to employment. It is central to the government's response to COVID-19 and we want you to be part of it.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for motivated strategic and analytical thinkers who seek out and embrace learning opportunities. Graduates should be able to show initiative, be confident communicators who are able to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and demonstrate good judgement and personal integrity.
We need a broad cross section of people from a variety of backgrounds and degree disciplines to deliver a diverse program of work central to the next phase of the Government's COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
The Department welcomes applications from all degree disciplines for our program. For the 2022 Graduate Program, the department will offer mainstream positions and a number of specialist career streams including Economics, Finance, Data and Legal. These specialist career streams will have slightly different requirements. Career streams are designed to give graduates the opportunity to be placed in areas relevant to their qualifications and career of choice and engage in relevant specific learning and development (and/or additional qualifications).
We strive to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the Australian community and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disability, regardless of sex, sexuality or gender identity.
The DESE Graduate Program is a ten-month program and runs from February to December each year. As a DESE Graduate, you will be exposed to many facets of our portfolio as you build your capability during the Graduate Program.
Being part of a graduate cohort is a great way for you to transition from education to employment. We know firsthand the significance of this milestone and you'll find our graduate program connects you to friendly, experienced professionals who will help you apply your skills and knowledge as you start your career.
Located in Canberra, the program offers:
- two diverse work placements which provide the opportunity to work on a variety of programs and policies developed and implemented by the department
- a supportive, inclusive and flexible working environment
- on-the-job experience
- extensive learning and development program that provides core fundamental knowledge for a career in the APS, and various opportunities to be involved in a wide range of networks
When you join the Program you also get:
- relocation assistance to move to Canberra
- permanent ongoing employment in the Australian Public Service
- career progression from APS level 3.1 to APS Level 4.1 on successful completion of the program
- support from a buddy/alumni
- an Employee Assistance Program for wellbeing and career support
- a dedicated Graduate Sponsor passionate about seeing you thrive
The first step in the application process is to submit your application and resume online by the due date when applications open. You will be advised at each stage of the process if you have progressed further.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Arts and Humanities,...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:23rd Jun 2021, 1:30 pm