The Family Violence and Sexual Assault Graduate Program is your chance to make a difference working in a range of family violence and sexual assault roles across Victoria. The Program will give you the opportunity to connect with other like-minded graduates and will provide you with extensive training and development opportunities over a 12-month period.
As part of the Program, graduates gain practical skills and knowledge as well as receive extra training and development support.
Graduates take part in a tailored learning and development program and have access to a range of supports, including:
- a comprehensive Program induction session
- monthly communities of practice sessions with other graduates
- learning and development opportunities tailored to their career goals
- a social and networking base with other graduates.
Graduates relocating from interstate or to a rural or regional location are also eligible to apply for a contribution towards their relocation costs.
This could be the start of a career that’s meaningful, challenging and rewarding.
Various – metro Melbourne and rural/regional Victoria
Number of vacancies
Multiple positions available
Type of work
General full-time employment (or as negotiated with employing agencies)
Arts, humanities or social sciences
- To be considered for a graduate role, graduates must have completed their course requirements within the last two years.
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum 12 months contract
At an appropriate level within the relevant award, determined by individual employing agencies
Between December 2022 and February 2023
Key experience and capabilities
The Program seeks enthusiastic new and recent graduates with a passion for eradicating family violence and sexual assault.
The Program looks for graduates:
- with a tertiary qualification in social work or a similar qualification over the last two years
- open to new learning and professional growth
- with a demonstrated understanding of family violence, sexual assault and the impact of violence on women and children
- a passion for making a difference in the family violence and sexual assault sectors.
Individual employing agencies may have requirements specific to their roles.
Graduate applications for the 2023 Program are now open. Graduates apply for roles directly through agencies with roles listed as being part of the Program. For find out more about working in the sector, visit the Students and Graduates page.
Available graduate roles are listed on the Family Violence Jobs Portal under ‘Graduates’: Family Violence Jobs Portal
Find out more
Graduates can find out more about the Program by contacting the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing at [email protected].
For information on specific roles, graduates can contact employing agencies directly using the contact details on the job advertisement.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Arts and Humanities, Communications, Health, Journalism,...
- Work rights:Australian Bridging Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Locations:Melbourne, Regional Victoria
- Closing Date:15th Dec 2022, 12:59 pm