Diversity and Our People
The Department of Jobs and Small Business is committed to reconciliation and supports workplace diversity. It values the contributions of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and this is reinforced in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. Our commitment to diversity is further demonstrated through the department’s:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Career Plan
- Disability Action Plan
- Gender Equality Action Plan
We are a Gold member of the Australian Network on Disability, a member of Pride in Diversity and a member of the Diversity Council of Australia.
Indigenous business is our business. Our senior Executive demonstrate the commitment to developing policies and programs that provide the very best outcomes for Indigenous Australians by taking up positions as Indigenous Leader and Indigenous Champion.
Our Disability Champion fosters workplace diversity and inclusion so employees can bring their full selves to work, every day. As a further commitment to workplace diversity, the department has a number of active and engaged employee networks including:
- Indigenous Staff Network
- Disability Employee Network
- Pride Network
- Gender Equality Network in Employment (geniE)
- Network of Employment Women in IT (NEWinIT)
- Emerging Leaders Network (ELN)