What’s on offer:
- A permanent role in TMR
- Competitive remuneration starting from $72,000
- 2-year graduate program (2x 12-month rotations or 4x 6-month rotations)
- Tailored development and networking opportunities
- Flexible workplaces and arrangements
- Enjoy a 36.25 hour working week
- Access to our Indigenous Employee Network, Gender Equity Program, OneTMR Pride Network, and Accessibility Inclusion Advocacy Network
About the role
Our TMR Environmental professionals identify and provide mitigation, management, process and compliance advice on environment and Cultural Heritage risks and impacts.
You will learn to use your influence to manage legislative requirements and community expectations and define best practice for high-level contributors to waste, carbon emissions and deforestation including TMR.
You will contribute to ongoing environmental support for managing the program of work and performance measures related to managing fire risk, invasive species, contaminated land, nature Conservation, road traffic noise and degraded areas.
We have 1 role available in:
Bachelor of Environmental Science,
Bachelor of Environmental Management
Bachelor of Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering
We are looking for graduates who:
- are innovative and future-focused
- value teamwork, are community minded and put customer safety first
- use research and data analysis to provide best practice recommendations
- take the initiative to collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and expertise
- listen to understand, take the time to connect and contribute to the wellbeing of yourself and others
- actively seek and provide considered feedback and be willing to modify your approach for a better outcome.
The diversity of Queensland makes us stronger.
It's important to us that our graduate program reflects the community we serve. This means creating an inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of our people of all genders, ethnicities, generations, sexual orientations, abilities and lived experience. We recognise teams with diverse members are better able to contribute to our organisation’s goals and outcomes through enhanced creativity, innovation and improved problem solving.
At the Department of Transport and Main Roads, we want people of all abilities to have an equitable experience. We encourage you to share with us any adjustments you may require to participate equitably in the recruitment process, and when you commence in the workplace as a successful candidate.
If you have accessibility requirements or require alternative formats for the recruitment process, please contact Hudson graduates team for further information or to arrange a confidential discussion.
Complete an online application, where you will select your role preferences and attach the following:
· an up-to-date resume
· your most recent academic transcript.
Apply today for an experience like no other!
For further information visit https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/graduateprogram
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Agriculture, Engineering Environmental, Environment, Government
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:29th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm