The DVA Graduate Development Program is consistently rated one of Australia’s top graduate programs. We value our graduates highly and actively support them to develop and succeed.
In our program, you will be visible. Our graduates interact closely with senior leaders while undertaking work placements across three different business areas. They also work together throughout the year on a major project to genuinely improve the way the department achieves its mission.
We are looking for graduates who are ready to share our commitment to service excellence, embrace change, and take on a new challenge.
What you can expect
- Pride in serving Australia’s veterans and their families – real work that makes a real difference.
- Extensive orientation, with unique access to senior executives and management who will introduce you to key aspects of the department and its’ business.
- Three rotations across DVA business areas to give you an overview of the department and help you develop your professional network.
- Dynamic professional development through the Australian Public Service Commission’s graduate development program, with graduates from across the Australian Public Service.
- Great working conditions to assist you with a healthy work-life balance.
- A former graduate ‘buddy’ to help you transition into working life, navigate the department and settle in to a new location.
- Assistance relocating to Canberra if required.
- The opportunity to work in a state office for a week to see how DVA operates on the front line.
- Ongoing (permanent) employment with DVA after successfully completing the program.
- Generous remuneration and genuine career progression opportunities.
Like to know more?
Visit the DVA graduate recruitment website at: www.dva.gov.au/about-dva/jobs/graduate-program