Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary with superannuation paid over and above fixed pay
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus one week one week additional leave*, one week wellbeing leave* and the option to purchase leave (*subject to eligibility criteria)
- Salary packaging for car parking, motor vehicles, taxis and superannuation
- Parental leave benefits including 16 weeks paid leave for both primary and secondary carer and Childcare Assistance Payment
- A range of benefits including online employee discount program, annual flu vaccinations, discounted private health insurance, employee referral program
- Insurance cover for life, total disablement and salary continuance
- Executive health checks for Directors and Managing Directors
- Matched giving and paid volunteer leave
Your key responsibilities:
From the day you join Deutsche Bank, you’ll be working as part of a global team that is transforming the world of banking. Our development programme offers extensive training, exposure to stimulating projects, and the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills you need to provide innovative products and services to our clients. You’ll work alongside some of the industry’s top minds and build a valuable network that will support you as you progress in your career. You’ll be given various opportunities to not only have your opinions heard, but also get to make an impact at our company and for our clients. If you have the drive to succeed in the fast-paced financial services industry, Deutsche Bank is an exciting, supportive place for you to begin your career.
Our Origination & Advisory business provides advisory and financing products and services. Our clients include large-cap and mid-cap corporates, financial institutions, governments, government agencies and financial sponsors.
We recognize that selecting the right investment banking partner can be the key to a company’s success. Our relationships are enhanced by industry sector, country and regional expertise, closely aligned to high-quality client solutions. We offer both buyside and sell side advisory services for mergers and acquisitions, restructuring advisory, capital markets and structured transactions. We are able to advise on innovative cross-border and regional transactions in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Upon joining the Bank you will begin your learning journey with our global orientation, followed by professional skills training and technical financial training.
During your first year with us you will benefit from a graduate learning journey, comprising both technical and professional skills training, further enhancing your learning experience.
You’ll work on projects that find new ways to help our clients reach their financial goals. Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role. But you might be modelling and forecasting a client’s financial statements, valuing a company, preparing marketing materials for a client pitch or for a debt issue. Your learning curve will be steep as you get involved in current deals and interact with clients. But you’ll enjoy plenty of support from managers and mentors along with unparalleled global exposure.
You will be trained by the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later.
Your skills and experience:
We recruit highly intelligent graduates who are ambitious and adaptable. They have degrees in many different disciplines. Even though good levels of numeracy are important for some roles, you won’t necessarily need a formal mathematical or financial background. We have very comprehensive training programmes that will give you all the technical knowledge you’ll need to build a career with us. Above all, we’re looking for entrepreneurial people who thrive best in a diverse culture where innovation and agile thinking abound.
You should not only be passionate about the world of finance, but also show a keen interest in your chosen field. You already have a record of outstanding academic achievement and you’re eager to go on learning at the same intensive rate. So you’ll thrive on working in a highly collaborative environment with some of the best minds in banking.
- Are you passionate about finance and have an affinity for numbers?
- Do you have an academic focus on business or the natural sciences, particularly business administration, economics, business mathematics or industrial engineering?
- Do you have experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities that showcase your passion towards corporate finance?
- Have you already completed an internship or do you have experience in a field related to banking or the capital markets?
- Are you proficient in working with MS Office (eg excel) and common applications?
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Do you have the resilience and dedication required to keep up with the pace of life in this dynamic business?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
About us and our teams:
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2022, 1:59 pm