2020 Downer Defence Systems Graduate Program
Kick start your career with Downer Defence Systems. Our Graduate Program offers exciting opportunities for you to build an impressive foundation for your career with a leading integrated services provider of secure and innovative technology solutions.
Downer Defence Systems is an integral part of the Downer Group that is committed to supporting the Defence, National Security and Critical Infrastructure sectors by delivering extraordinary outcomes by:
- driving cutting edge digital technologies such as IoT, Machine Learning, Visualisation, AI, Modern App Development and Augmented Reality that is supported by our state of the art cloud-based platform;
- optimising business processes by utilising intelligent business automation solutions such as Robotic Process Automation;
- bringing together all aspects of an asset lifecycle with Capability and Asset Management services to drive data optimisation and valuable business insights;
- bringing together Programme, Project Delivery, systems engineering and technical disciplines to deliver mission critical capabilities; and
- improving national and critical infrastructure security by providing leading edge cyber assurance to IT/OT infrastructure and data from a multitude of threats.
Our success as the 8th largest supplier to the Australian Defence Industry demonstrates dedication to mission, our commitment to inclusiveness and our desire to support Australia’s sovereign Defence capability.
About the Downer Defence Systems Graduate Program
The graduate program is a two-year program providing exposure to different areas of the business through four, six months structured rotations. We aim to develop well rounded and highly skilled professionals by exposing you to the wider business. Downer Defence Systems Graduates are a diverse workforce of thought leaders who are supported to deliver on our purpose, promise and pillars for our customers. Downer Defence Systems has an established network of mentors across the business there to support your development.
If you are interested in building a long-term career as a future leader, are a high achiever and would like to be a key enabler in building and sustaining our innovative environment, the Downer Defence Systems Graduate Program is for you. As a Downer Defence Systems graduate, you will be supported to Be Your BEST.
As a Downer Defence Systems graduate, you will be challenged and supported to achieve your career goals through:
- Opportunity to work across a multitude of different project types, business units and industries every six months to gain a better understanding of the diversity of roles, divisional functions, and expedite your experience
- Annual national graduate business conferences to understand emerging trends and challenges and be exposed to significant leaders, customers and guest speakers;
- Structured formal development workshops to build your interpersonal and intrapersonal skills;
- Extensive network of support consisting of a buddy, a mentor and the wider graduate cohort so that you can be challenged, reflect, and grow; and
- Cross skilling and training opportunities
For our 2020 graduate intake, we are looking for bright and courageous minds to join Downer Defence Systems and flourish in this pivotal industry. We offer a range of graduate opportunities in all streams.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen;
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance;
- Be a recent graduate or a penultimate year student graduating in early 2020;
- Have a relevant university degree with a minimum credit average;
- Be able to work and live in any state of Australia. Relocation assistance may be provided to suitable applicants
- Be tenacious and seeking an opportunity to make a significant contribution;
- Have the courage to challenge yourself, challenge your surroundings and try new things; and
- Be achievement oriented and outcomes focused.
To apply, please click on "Apply" and submit your resume. We do not accept applications by email but for more information, please contact [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Information Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain,...
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:23rd Sep 2019, 1:55 pm