- Great opportunity for progression & development
- Flexible work environment with a focus on work/life balance
- Make a difference at work and in the community
DUAL Australia has become one of the largest independent underwriting agencies in Australia by focusing on creating unique products and solutions for the SME market. We’re a company committed to having fun at work while getting the job done. As a company we’re known in the industry as a group dedicated to giving back to the community by partnering with charitable groups and actively participating in fundraising events.
About the Role
We’re looking for a detail-orientated multitasker to join our Australian Claims Team as Claims Officer. The focus of this role is to manage Financial Lines claims and notifications, through to resolution by providing professional, prompt and courteous service to DUAL’s clients.
This role will see responsibility for:
- Timely and courteous responses to clients, obtaining further details on the claim and discussing the process and strategy going forward
- Analysing the first report of claims and underlying material to determine coverage
- Investigating and determining liability, quantum and a strategy for resolution
- Establishing timely and accurate reserves
- Where applicable, instruct, direct and closely manage litigation panel on claims which are outsourced
- Discussing claims and defence strategy with Claims Manager – Australia & New Zealand and Claims Team
- Liaising with third party administrators in relation to notifications
- Discussing all aspects of past and current claims with Underwriters and providing advice on renewal and new business where appropriate
- Assisting Underwriters where appropriate in obtaining new business and maintaining existing broker relationships
- Participating and providing Underwriter training where appropriate
- Providing timely and accurate updates and advice on closed claims, current claims and notifications
As a recent law graduate, paralegal or someone looking to gain experience within an in-house claims team in Insurance, you will be a confident communicator who is passionate about delivering a high level of service to clients. Your people skills provide you with the ability to build and maintain relationships and negotiate as needed in tough
circumstances. As a well-organised individual, you will demonstrate managing multiple claims and enquiries with ease and enjoy working with different teams within the business to achieve shared success.
Salary and Benefits
At DUAL we value work/life balance, health and wellbeing, family and giving back, which is why our benefits are reflective of this. We provide employees with a competitive salary and benefits which will be dependent on the successful candidate’s individual skills and experience.
How to Apply
Are you the right fit for this role and the DUAL Team? Tell us why in a short paragraph that you share along with your Resume to our HR Team.
Find out more
Help us think differently. As a business we’re on a journey to build an inclusive workplace where our people feel welcome to bring their whole and true self to work, where differences are accepted and where our words and actions are inclusive. Together we are learning, sharing stories, and achieving change.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Insurance, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Level 6, 160 Sussex Street, Sydney NSW 2000Locations:
- Closing Date:24th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm