- Are you a positive person who is a great communicator and loves hands on community engagement?
- Are you looking for a role which makes a difference to our communities and the world we live in?
- Join our fast paced, collaborative and growing professional services team delivering quality work on high profile projects.
- Based in Sydney, with opportunities to work from client offices in the government, private and community sectors.
Elton Consulting is a leading professional services company. We have been a trusted advisor to government, private companies and the not for profit sector for over 30 years. Nationally, we have over 110 staff. We are now part of WSP.
People and their environment are our focus – we engage with key stakeholders and the community to help shape great places including schools, hospitals, transport services and housing, and better services and systems for people.
We communicate and engage meaningfully, and design materials that bring projects to life. Our communication and engagement team provides strategic communication advice, hands on community and stakeholder engagement services, community relations expertise and media and issues management support to a wide range of clients. We work across the infrastructure, health, finance, energy, sustainability, arts, justice and property sectors.
We’re looking for a communications graduate or a graduate with up to 1- 2 years of work experience to join our Sydney team. Our graduates have the opportunity to learn and develop their skills while working on a very diverse array of projects, including being part of teams delivering high level government and private sector projects.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Preparing communication materials, such as communication plans, newsletters, social media and other communication tools
- Assisting with community consultation processes, including stakeholder contact and being out and about in the community
- Assisting teams with background research
- Assisting with event management and logistics e.g. for community consultation events and workshops
- Analysing material and drafting and editing reports
- Preparing demographic and stakeholder analyses
- Input and analysis of electronic databases for stakeholder analysis
- Project support including data entry and other administrative tasks such proof reading
What you bring to the team
- A great attitude, optimism, people skills and the energy and drive to learn and grow
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational skills and the ability to plan well to meet deadlines
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or a related discipline
- Familiarity with communication tools such as communication plans, fact sheets and social media
- An understanding of the Australian government landscape
What it’s like to work for us
Our people matter. We take the time to find the right people to complement our current team, and then we create an environment to keep them. Our collaborative and flexible workplace supports our people to be the best they can be - one of the reasons our clients love to work with us. You will be respected by your peers, encouraged to work in the way that works for you and supported in your professional development.
Expressions of interest
If you’d like to be part of our growing collaborative team working on great projects, APPLY directly to us here:
A complete application will include a cover letter, resume and academic transcripts. If you have any questions please contact Natanya Bloom in HR on 02 9387 2600.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Communications, Media and...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Level 6, 332 - 342 Oxford St, Bondi JunctionLocations:
- Closing Date:17th Jan 2020, 12:59 pm