Employment Hero is one of Australia’s fastest growing tech companies with one mission in mind – to make employment easier and more rewarding for everyone. Our all-in-one people management solution helps small and medium sized businesses manage their HR, payroll, employee engagement and benefits from within one beautiful cloud-based platform. With over 5,000 businesses and 200,000 employees currently using Employment Hero, we pride ourselves on being Australia’s leading HR platform.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve had enormous growth (think 100%+ YoY!). We’ve recently secured $45 million in our Series D funding round and are ready to take our local and international expansion to the next level.
We’re looking for the newest member of our finance team to join us as a Financial Accountant in Sydney. This is a newly created role where you’ll be working alongside our internal accountants, reporting directly to our Financial Controller. If you’re looking for a meaningful career where you’ll be challenged every day and supported throughout our journey, this could be the perfect role for you.
The ideal candidate must show ambition to grow, be a self-starter, and confident in their ability to keep up with Employment Hero’s fast pace. You will be responsible for running the day to day accounts while also maintaining compliance. You will have good decision making and critical thinking skills, as well as good commercial acumen. This role would be ideal for someone moving from their first role in public practice (hello Big4 / 2nd Tier) and looking to step up in their career.
- Global Teams Accountant.
- Preparing year-end file and assisting in the preparation of year-end statutory accounts.
- Indirect Tax reporting, BAS, FBT, Payroll Tax and PAYG lodgments for global entities.
- Liaison with external Auditors, Tax, & Bank Advisors. Both with Australia and overseas.
- Income Tax & R&D returns for all Global entities.
- Management of ESOP Plan and SaaS Platform Carta.
- Tax planning and transfer pricing.
- Setting up/structuring of legal entities overseas.
- Assisting in process improvement and systems enhancement initiatives.
- Proactively identifying new initiatives that could benefit the organization.
- Bachelor Commerce or equivalent accounting degree.
- CPA/CA qualified.
- 3 years' accounting experience.
- Excellent technical accounting skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Professional services background ideal.
- Experience with Netsuite/Salesforce (desirable).
- Self, health, wealth, happiness programs.
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements.
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it).
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!).
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech.
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program.
- Virtual yoga classes.
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues.
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations.
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
*When COVID restrictions lift, for those who come to our Hub to work:
- Friday drinks in our fancy in-office bar.
- Daily breakfast & lunch.
- Lunchtime personal training sessions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative business that challenges the status quo and sets the benchmark for others to follow. We like to stay ahead of the curve and we’ll provide you with everything you need to make the role your own. You'll be part of an inclusive and team-oriented culture where your input will be encouraged and your success is rewarded (and we’ve got many awards under our belt to back this up!). There is huge room for career growth as shown from our other team members; this type of opportunity does not come up often! If you’re excited at the thought of being a part of the Employment Hero journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Some of our recent accolades:
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020.
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia.
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019.
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia.
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018.
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018.
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:24th May 2021, 1:59 pm