Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia's leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Opportunity
The Graduate Mechanical Design Drafter is responsible for producing mechanical designs in the form of models and drawings that support the product development and product support goals of the organisation. The role requires mechanical drafting knowledge and a strong ability and willingness to learn about design for manufacture, design for assembly and design for cost so that designs produced are fit for purpose, producible and cost effective. The Graduate Mechanical Design Drafter ensures that mechanical designs are produced in accordance with required EOS quality and drafting standards. Key duties include:
- Produce mechanical design models and drawings that satisfy defined requirements within specified time frames.
- Prepare designs that account for design for manufacture, assembly and cost.
- Work with mechanical design engineers to ensure that the design produced satisfy the defined requirements.
- Produce mechanical design models and drawings in accordance with defined quality and drafting standards.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to ensure cohesive and complete system designs.
- Prepare and review documentation required to support designs.
- Work with Project Engineers to ensure designs are delivered on time and on budget.
You will be a detail oriented problem solver and can work collaboratively with others. You are focussed, industrious, and communicate well within a team. You will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical design.
- Experience with multi-discipline teams desirable.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance.
To learn more about EOS employment opportunities, please visit: www.eos-aus.com
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:11th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm