Essendon Football Club is committed to our vision of being recognised as the most respected, inclusive and successful sporting club in the country, consistently setting the benchmark both on and off the field. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Technology Support Engineer to ‘Don the Sash’ and join our Information Technology Team based at our club headquarters at The Hangar at Melbourne Airport.
Reporting to the Corporate IT Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting PC and Mac OS
- Managing Helpdesk tickets as per Service level Agreement (SLA)
- Providing level 1 support to internal staff
- Support at VFL and/or AFL and/or VFLW Football games, as required
- Provide both Venues (Windy Hill and Melton) support with their IT issues.
- Daily IT tasks, such as looking after backup systems and changeover of backup tapes
- Perform IT inductions for new starters
- Managing AV assets (meeting rooms) and troubleshooting when needed
- Documenting IT procedures in knowledge base system
What We’re Looking For
The role will suit a recent IT graduate with the successful candidate processing the following key skills, experience and attributes:
- Sound understanding of networking fundamentals and infrastructure (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems, incl. support and deployment;
- Knowledge of Apple Mac operating systems, including support and deployment;
- Familiarity with end user support and Active Directory;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Printers, Laptops, Desktops and other hardware;
- Knowledge and experience with information and communication technology (ICT) and terminology, and an interest in keeping abreast with latest developments in Technology;
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and exercise judgement;
- Good organisational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of attention to detail;
- Flexible and responsive to change in direction and priorities as required;
- Achieve outcomes within available resources and within set time frame;
- Team player with a willingness to learn and self-motivated;
- Degree or Diploma in Information Systems / Networking or similar discipline;
- Hold a current driver’s licence and be willing to travel to our other sites;
- Availability to work Game Day on weekends and evenings when needed; and
- Permanent Residency in Australia, or appropriate visa to work permanently.
What we offer you
- Supportive and focused team
- Attractive employee benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
To be considered, please apply online on the EFC Careers page to take the first step in your new career!
Please note that this role will be subject to background checks.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Information Systems, Information Technology, Telecommunications
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Working Visa,...
- 275 Melrose Drive, Melbourne Airport Vic 3045Locations:
- Closing Date:19th Jun 2021, 12:59 pm