- Flexible position with scope to flex your hours to suit your life
- Experience community-based therapy firsthand and see if it’s a good fit for you longer term.
- Be part of a thriving hub culture and work with inspiring and supportive clinical mentors
Everyday Independence is a leading NDIS service provider with a network of 40 hubs across Australia supporting people with a disability to live a better life. We’re a united team on a mission to break down barriers and make inclusion a reality for all Australians.
Our game changing habit coaches are allied health assistants who work under the guidance of practitioners to deliver positive life change for people living with a disability. Habit coaches build participants habits and routines, in between therapy sessions, so that they reach their goals sooner.
- Work under the guidance of experienced practitioners to implement practice routines that build skills and support participants to achieve their goals.
- Gain experience working with a diverse mix of participants, across the lifespan and out in the community in the places they spend their time. No two days are ever the same.
- Grow your clinical skills and confidence as you work alongside experts from a range of allied health professions.
- Experience the game changing impact of social model therapy
Our Habit Coaches say;
“Working as a habit coach has given me a head start into the workforce. I get to work with some amazing therapists who’ve offered me a lot of support and I get to experience what working as an Occupational Therapist is really like.” Izzy, Habit Coach and 2nd year Occupational Therapist.”
To be successful you’ll need to demonstrate;
- A genuine motivation to support others to achieve their goals
- Excellent people skills and the ability to encourage and guide with empathy and compassion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid driving license, your own car and a willingness to work in the community
- Flexibility to work with a range of participants across the life-span and be available to work for a period/s of time between 6.30am and 7pm.
- Minimum Cert III in Allied health Assistance or year 2,3 or 4 undergraduate Allied Health Student.
- A willingness to obtain a NDIS Workers Screening Check and Working with Children Check.
Some of our undergraduate Habit Coaches go onto become social model practitioners once they graduate or move into permanent Habit Coach positions. With almost limitless opportunity to develop your skills and confidence, is now the perfect time to launch your career as an Everyday Change Maker?
Sound like something you’d like to know more about?
Hit Apply NOW and one of Talent Acquisition Specialists will be in touch to explore how you could become our next Habit Coach change maker.
Perhaps you’ve got some questions you’d like to ask first? Please reach out to us at [email protected] or call us on 1300 179 131.
Everyday Independence is part of the APM group, a global organisation enhancing an individual’s employability, health and wellbeing, and social and economic participation in their community. We embrace and value inclusion and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people, workers of all ages and people with a disability, or applicants who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Everyday Independence is proudly part of The Circle Back Initiative and we are committed to responding to every candidate throughout the Recruitment Process.
- Job type:Casual Jobs
- Disciplines:Exercise Physiology, Health, Nursing and Midwifery,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Albury, Launceston, Ballarat,...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2023, 12:59 pm