Could the skills you learn here unlock doors anywhere?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our EY Advanced Security Centre (ASC) is a well-known, dedicated, and vibrant team established to help our clients secure their information and assets in an increasingly digital world. Our vision is to build and bring the most diverse and highly skilled team to the market. We strive to be the market leaders in offensive security services, ready to tackle any challenge that comes our way.
We’re currently looking for students who have a genuine passion for penetration testing/Red Team/application security, and learning how IT systems really work and are secured (or not). Show us that you tinker with technology in your own time, and can talk through a project you have completed (e.g. built a home automation system, developed an non-study related app, wrote a security related blog, modded games, played with HackTheBox/Root-me, etc.).
Your key responsibilities
- Execute technical security testing engagements (web applications, mobile applications (Android and iOS), web services, API, network, thick client, external/internal network penetration testing).
- Work effectively as a self-managed team member, share responsibility, provide support, maintain communication and update senior team members on engagement process.
- Execute and help run technical security testing engagements.
- Prepare client reports and presentations to an exceptional standard.
- Demonstrate your passion for security, show your eagerness to learn and contribute to internal research projects (custom tools).
- Develop client stakeholder relationships and skills.
- Execute and contribute to the ASC strategy and vision to build the strongest and most diverse team within security testing market.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Willingness to pursue professional certifications such as OSCP, SANS, CREST, CISSP etc. If you have one already - even better!
- Experience running level 1 helpdesk for your family and friends.
- A Bachelors and/or post graduate degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related major is advantageous
- A demonstrable history of self-education/learning in the IT and/or security space.
To apply for our Graduate Program, you are required to be:
- In the final year of your degree or as a graduate, within 24 months from your graduation date at the time of application
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident. If you’re an international student, visit https://au.gradconnection.com/employers/ey/#international-students to view our International Student criteria to determine eligibility before applying
What you can expect
- All candidates are required to submit an online application attaching their passport (or alternative ID), CV and academic transcript
- All eligible candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment and will receive personalised feedback on the strengths displayed in the assessment. If you are successful, you will then be invited to complete an additional Job Simulation assessment.
- Once we review your application and assessment results, you may be invited into a Recruitment Day
Please note that it can take up to six weeks to hear from us as we have a rigorous recruitment process in place for our student program roles.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. To understand our recruitment process and next steps from here, please visit the Application Process page.
If you have any support or access requirements in order to submit your application, or for a confidential discussion, we encourage you to contact us via [email protected] or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4). You will have the opportunity to notify us of other required adjustments as your application progresses.
Once in the application, ensure you select:
Service Line Preference: Consulting
Please indicate the area within Consulting in which you are interested: Technology Consulting (Financial Services)
Please indicate the area within Business Consulting (Financial Services) in which you are interested: Cyber Security
Motivation: Once you get to the motivation section, please ensure you stipulate that you are interested in the Advanced Security Centre team and why.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.
© 2022 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:29th Apr 2022, 12:59 pm