Could the skills you learn here unlock doors anywhere?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
Experience the working world during your summer or winter university holiday by joining our Indigenous Intern Program. You will have the choice to join EY directly or through our collaboration with CareerTrackers, offering you up to twelve weeks paid work experience throughout your university degree.
You’ll get real work, real clients and real experiences. Explore your interests, learn business skills and receive world-class training. You’ll be able to get a sense of our culture and values, and clarity about the type of career you’d like to shape.
As an Indigenous Intern you can explore your interests and you can expect to participate in a structured program including:
- induction program, skill development workshops and technical training
- learning from an Indigenous mentor who will assist you throughout your EY journey
- yarning circles to connect you with other Indigenous interns across Australia client projects to give you insights into the work we do
- social events to assist you to build your networks across service lines
We’re currently looking for students from a range of degrees for all EY service lines.
You can find out more about our service lines and teams by visiting the your role in our business page.
Once you submit your application, we’ll get back in touch with you to find out more about your service line and team preferences. Please look out for our email and come back to us as soon as you can so we can progress your application.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
To apply for our Indigenous Internship, you are required to:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both
- Studying a university degree, currently anywhere from your first year through to your final year of study
We ask that you only submit one application for your preferred location and business area.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A diverse and inclusive culture. We’ll embrace you for who you are, and empower you to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What you can expect
- All candidates need to submit an online application attaching their CV and academic transcript
- All eligible candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment and will receive personalised feedback on the strengths displayed in the assessment. If you are successful, you will then be invited to complete an additional Job Simulation assessment.
- Please note that it can take up to six weeks to hear from us as we have a rigorous recruitment process in place for our student program roles.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. To understand our recruitment process and next steps from here, please visit https://au.gradconnection.com/employers/ey/#our-recruitment-process.
If you have any support or access requirements in order to submit your application, or for a confidential discussion, we encourage you to contact us via [email protected] or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4). You will have the opportunity to notify us of other required adjustments as your application progresses.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.
© 2021 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Arts and Humanities,...
- Work rights:
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:3rd Sep 2021, 2:00 am