About The Role
The demand for big data professionals has never been higher. If you’re a graduate with a strong interest in data, finding patterns in data, and are drawn to programming this could be your opportunity to embark on an exciting future as a Data Engineer.
About The FDM Data Engineering Graduate Programme
Over 11 weeks you will gain many advanced tools and frameworks which you will use to solve various complex data problems. You’ll receive industry relevant training in diverse languages including SQL, Hive QL, Python and Spark. And you will learn how to process massive amounts of data, create data flows, manage data lakes, design real time streaming and batch type data ingestion pipelines.
Working individually and on group projects, you’ll build collaboration skills and get a feel for the real working environment.
What will I be doing?
Upon training completion through the awards-winning Hong Kong Academy, you will become an FDM Consultant and begin two years’ invaluable experience working with one or more of our global clients.
This crucial role involves the design and creation of data-centric scalable solutions which are vital to helping an organisation understand their data and use it to facilitate growth. You will be involved in exciting projects, managing and processing huge datasets, and become an expert in distributed data storage and computing frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in STEM (Data Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Engineering, or other related disciplines)
- Able to commit to completing our full 2.5-year graduate programme
- Basic knowledge in any programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication in both English and Chinese (either Cantonese or Mandarin)
- Eligibility to work in Hong Kong
Reasons why FDM is for you:
- Commercially relevant training, covering both technical and professional skills, to ensure you are business ready
- Opportunities to achieve industry recognised qualifications
- Opportunity to work with our market leading clients across Hong Kong as part of their integrated teams
- Comprehensive support and development programme throughout your entire FDM career journey including continued professional development, mentoring and networking events
Our people are our passion and that's why we make your training and career growth our priority. We are a global professional services provider focusing on IT and one of the Hong Kong’s leading graduate employers, recruiting the brightest talent to become the innovators of tomorrow. With centres across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and nearly 5,000 consultants currently placed on client site around the world, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FDM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local laws.
An opportunity like this is rare and if you think you can see the potential, do not think about it too long! We help people like you make their first step into tech every day. Are you ready to make yours?
Show the world your true worth, apply now!
Please only submit one application, our Recruitment team will consider you for all other relevant open Graduate Programmes we are hiring for.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Banking and Finance, Computer Science, Data...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2023, 3:59 pm