About The Role
At FDM we have always championed gender equality. Our ongoing commitment is to encourage and support women looking to pursue a career in tech and we are proud to be leading by example in creating a more gender-balanced workforce. However, with the proportion of women working in the technology space at only around 28%, we recognise that there is still a way to go.
Introducing Project Grace
To help close the gender gap in the tech sector we created Project Grace, a Graduate Program designed to empower women for success in their dream tech careers. Named after Grace Hopper, a pioneering female American computer scientist and mathematician, the program’s goal is to inspire graduates to dream big and aim high. As the inventor of the first computer compiler, leading to the development of COBOL, an early programming language, Grace sets us a shining example.
Why choose Project Grace?
When you join Project Grace, you will enter an exciting world of unlimited potential that promises great rewards both personally and professionally. Our award-winning training will equip you with the technical skills to launch your career as a Data & Business Analyst. You also learn professional skills to give you the confidence you need to work as an FDM Technical Consultant with our industry-leading clients, adding some big brands to your CV.
After training, you will have the opportunity to apply your new skills working on cutting-edge client projects. As an integrated team member, you will use a range of tools and technologies to develop strategies that help companies make better-informed decisions for a competitive advantage. This could see you taking on large-scale migrations to modernise global business data or tackling Python data analytics for e-commerce giants.
And, as a unique benefit to joining Project Grace, you will receive additional development workshops with senior female leaders in the tech space.
Throughout your journey with FDM, you will receive continuous coaching and guidance from our internal teams and various support and development initiatives. Our Employee Assistance Program is a free service to all FDM staff offering confidential expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering emotional, financial, legal, family and work-life issues.
What we are looking for:
- University degree (bachelor or higher)
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Passionate about a career in tech
- Eligible to work in Australia (citizen/permanent resident)
- Geographically flexible throughout Sydney and Melbourne to support our clients
What we offer you:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package
- Fully funded, industry recognised training and qualifications
- Added development workshops with key senior female leaders in the tech space
- Key employability skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and Microsoft Excel
- A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Online training with full access to modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking
With 95+ nationalities working together as a team, FDM is a company committed to diversity and inclusion, in terms of background, culture and skills. We celebrate difference because we want everyone to have equal opportunity to belong and grow in their career. We are active in creating a more gender-balanced workforce, with circa 33% of our senior management team and 31% of all employees identifying as female.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team is happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.
Grab this opportunity with both hands, and you won’t regret it. We help people like you develop their tech careers every day. The world is full of endless possibilities!
All you need to do is apply now!
Note: Although we use the word women, it is important to us that you understand our definitions include all women; cisgender, transgender or gender diverse, and we acknowledge and include those who identify outside the binary. Men are also always welcome to apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Business and Commerce, Computer Science, Cyber...
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Work from home:
Employees are not required to work at the company’s physical office - there is complete flexibility to work from home or elsewhere. This can be used to accommodate employees who are based overseas or wish to travel.
- Locations:Auckland (New Zealand),...
- POSITION START DATE
Dec 2022 (approx)
- accepts international
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:23rd Dec 2022, 12:59 pm