About First Sentier Investors
We provide clients with high quality long-term investment capabilities managed by independent, specialist teams
We are stewards of AUM of AU$241 billion on behalf of institutional investors, pension funds, wholesale distributors and platforms, financial advisers and their clients worldwide
Our investment capabilities include Australian and global equities, global emerging markets and Asia Pacific equities, direct and listed infrastructure, fixed income and multi-asset solutions, systematic equities and listed property
We believe investment success is achieved by bringing together autonomous teams of investment specialists who share a commitment to responsible stewardship.
The purpose of this role is to provide commercial and practical support to the Global Credit investment team and be engaged in a range of activities to support their delivery of investment and servicing objectives for clients.
The role is responsible for:
- Providing investment managers with quantitative analyses for the benefit of portfolio positioning and reporting.
- Analysing the performance of investment markets, including the drivers of recent performance, with particular focus on the implications for credit markets and portfolio positioning.
- Identify investment opportunities relevant to the objectives of the Global Credit portfolios.
- Support investment managers with research and data for the preparation of presentations with clients
- Understanding of portfolio objectives, restrictions and limits
- Daily portfolio risk monitoring and management of portfolio interest rate, FX, issuer, sector and country limits
- Daily multi-currency cash flow management
- Build and implement a relative value security selection model within the Global Credit
- An understanding and keen interest in Investment Management
- Bachelor (or higher) degree
- University qualified in a relevant discipline such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics etc, with a high degree of mathematical proficiency
- Understanding of financial market products such as fixed and floating rate bonds, securitised products, and interest rate, currency and credit derivative products
- Practical coding experience in a relevant language (e.g. Python, SQL) and experience manipulating large data sets
- Familiarity with common risk concepts such as VaR, tracking error, stress testing etc
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in order to articulate complex investment themes/concepts/ideas.
- Self-motivated attitude - An ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities while looking for opportunities to improve the way tasks are undertaken
- Confident, with high motivation and willingness to collaborate across teams
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Effective team player who thrives on collaboration
- This role provides the potential for the successful candidate to launch their career in the investment management industry. The candidate must have the ability to evolve as the job description for this role also evolves. Further studies in investment management such as the CFA program will be supported.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:28th Nov 2021, 6:00 am