About First Sentier Investors
We provide clients with high quality long-term investment capabilities managed by independent, specialist teams.
We are stewards of AUM of AU$215 billion on behalf of institutional investors, pension funds, wholesale distributors and platforms, financial advisers and their clients worldwide.
Our investment capabilities include Australian and global equities, global emerging markets and Asia Pacific equities, direct and listed infrastructure, fixed income and multi-asset solutions, systematic equities and listed property.
We believe investment success is achieved by bringing together autonomous teams of investment specialists who share a commitment to responsible stewardship.
Our Philosophy and Culture
Independent teams, shared values
The purpose of this role is to provide commercial and practical support to the investment teams and be engaged in a range of activities to support their delivery of investment and servicing objectives for clients.
The role is responsible for:
- Support investment managers with quantitative analyses to support reports and presentations (such as attribution, risk decomposition) utilising internal and external systems.
- Understanding investment performance, its drivers and being able to write and communicate in an effective manner for clients, including drafts of the monthly and quarterly updates.
- Identify opportunities for better presentation of data, facts and information that is relevant to clients existing and prospective business with FSI
- Coordinate presentations to potential and existing clients, with clear and compelling conclusions
- Coordinate the completion of quarterly reports to fund and mandate clients
- Coordinate the update of key fund documents and team data sources
- Ad hoc tasks may also include:
- Participating in cross-department projects to broaden understanding of the investment management business and deliver business outcomes, and
- Assisting investment teams with investment research efforts.
- An understanding of Investment Management and University Degree qualified in one of the following fields: Finance / Economics / Business / Communications.
- While an interest in investing is essential, we are actively seeking candidates from a broader selection of educational backgrounds beyond traditional commerce/finance.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in order to articulate complex investment themes/concepts/ideas.
- Self-motivated attitude - An ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities while looking for opportunities to improve the way tasks are undertaken
- Confident, with high motivation and willingness to collaborate across teams
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word and ability to grasp the use of new systems easily
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Effective team player who thrives on collaboration
This role provides the potential for the successful candidate to launch their career in the investment management industry. The candidate must have the ability to evolve as the job description for this role also evolves. Further studies in investment management such as the CFA program will be supported.
Positon Regulatory Requirements
Is this an AML High Risk role? (Yes/No): No
Note: Applicants must hold Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency at the time of application. We are unable to accept applications which require sponsorship.
Please refer to the information About Our Program for details on the recruitment process and how to apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2020, 12:59 pm