About First Sentier Investors
We provide clients with high quality long-term investment capabilities managed by independent, specialist teams
We are stewards of AUM of AU$241 billion on behalf of institutional investors, pension funds, wholesale distributors and platforms, financial advisers and their clients worldwide
Our investment capabilities include Australian and global equities, global emerging markets and Asia Pacific equities, direct and listed infrastructure, fixed income and multi-asset solutions, systematic equities and listed property
We believe investment success is achieved by bringing together autonomous teams of investment specialists who share a commitment to responsible stewardship.
The purpose of this role is to provide operational and strategic support to the Global Investments CIO. The role will be responsible for a range of ongoing and discrete pieces of analysis and projects. You will assist in sourcing and analysing data that will assist the CIO in determining the best approach to enhancing or improving the commercial outcomes of our investment teams. There will be scope for the role to participate in the delivery of such commercial outcomes.
The role is responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with the Finance and Strategy teams to contribute to our business strategy reviews by preparing/reviewing strategy documents, analysis/commentary on competitor landscape (regularly running reports on eVestment) and strategy capacity;
- In conjunction with Distribution, assist in preparing analysis and drafting reports that will support the development of our investment strategies including contributions (primarily data related) towards distribution strategies.
- Undertake research into specific customer, product, channel and process trends and innovations.
- Work collaboratively with Investment teams to constructively challenge the status quo, identifying processes that can be optimised and identifying opportunities for profitable growth.
- Identify costs within the Investments departments and determine approaches that improve profitability whilst retaining essential services to the investment teams.
- Ad hoc tasks may also include:
- Participate in cross-department projects or initiatives to broaden understanding of the investment management business and deliver business outcomes.
- An understanding of Investment Management and University Degree qualified degree in one of the following fields: Finance / Economics / Business / Engineering / Science / Computer Science.
- While an interest in investing is essential, we are actively seeking candidates from a broader selection of educational backgrounds beyond traditional commerce/finance.
- Bachelor (or higher)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Confident, with high motivation and willingness to collaborate across teams
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- An understanding or strong interest in financial services or capital markets;
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word and ability to grasp the use of new systems easily
- This role provides the potential for the successful candidate to launch their career in the investment management industry. The candidate must have the ability to evolve as the job description for this role also evolves. Further studies in investment management such as the CFA program will be supported.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:28th Nov 2021, 6:00 am