Working with our younger clients(6 to 18 years) is varied and rewarding. Duties may include:
- Providing support in accordance with the client's individualised support plan.
- In home personal care, daily living assistance including showering, personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning.
- Supporting with community based recreational, sport and social activities
- Transportation and assistance with shopping, appointments, school drop off/pick up
For our high medical needs clients, applicants will be required to possess or obtain skills in Peg Feeding, Trache, Seizure Management and Emergency Health. Clients needs and candidate experience will be carefully assessed to form the right partnerships.
To be successful in this role, candidates will need a high level of empathy, an evolving understanding of complex behaviours and the ability to develop management strategies in response. We are looking for candidates who are committed to not only 'caring' for our youth clients but helping them to develop their independence. Given the complex needs of some of our clients, candidates will need a high level of patience and resilience.
To work in the disability sector, you will need the following:
- A Current Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening
- Completion of the NDIS New Employee Module
- CPR and First Aid
- A Current Australian Drivers License
- Access to a roadworthy motor vehicle that is registered and comprehensively insured.
- Competitive Hourly Rates including penalties for weekend shifts
- Options for Permanent Part Time and Casual Appointments
- Access to Salary Sacrificing for Permanent positions
- Flexibility and willingness to roster around your availability as far as practicable.
This is a great opportunity to carry out meaningful work in environment that allows flexibility to balance your study commitments. Our clients are based throughout South East Queensland including North Brisbane suburbs, Ipswich, Logan and Redland areas.
Please follow the link to submit your application.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Education, Physio and Occupational Therapy, Psychology...
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Citizen
- 75 Limestone StreetLocations:
- POSITION START DATE
Mar 2021 (approx)
- Closing Date:21st Apr 2021, 12:59 pm