About the Role
FTI Consulting is home to one of the world’s leading economic and financial consulting practices, helping clients understand today’s economic, financial, and regulatory opportunities and challenges.
We provide evidence-based critical insight and analysis on a range of economic issues impacting the community. We advise the public and private sectors, regulators, law firms and international agencies.
As part of a multidisciplinary business advisory firm, our economic & financial consulting team can draw on FTI Consulting’s collective industry and technical expertise to address the many interconnected issues clients face across the business cycle.
You will start your career learning from highly regarded professionals. Our Australian professionals have senior level government, regulator and public service experience across multiple jurisdictions. Our global team includes former chief economists at the SEC, EU Commission and Hong Kong Competition Commission.
We are also home to one of the world’s leading energy consulting practices, helping clients understand energy and carbon markets, regulatory frameworks, and conduct financial analysis. As part of the graduate program, you will be able to apply your quantitative skills if you have a specific interest in learning about energy and carbon markets.
What You’ll Do
When you join, you will gain knowledge across a range of activities:
- Undertaking economic analysis by applying a range of economic methods across a broad range of industries and topics
- Gathering and analysing economic data
- Contributing to the delivery of projects and learning the fundamentals of delivering consulting projects
- Organising client and stakeholder consultation
- Attending client and stakeholder meetings
- Preparing drafts of sections of reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Undertaking research to support business development opportunities
- Assisting with the development of written proposals
- Meeting other professionals and clients and expanding your professional network
- Attending networking events representing FTI Consulting in front of clients and prospects
How You’ll Grow
This is a great opportunity for someone embarking on a career in economics. You will work in high-performing teams to assist clients in business and government across a wide range of industries in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. We will invest in you and the development of your career. You will gain experience within our team of experts, progressively enhancing your skills and expertise.
If you have an interest in energy and carbon markets, you will also gain an understanding of Australia’s energy transition. You will learn about the Australian energy sector’s challenges and opportunities and develop the skills needed to support clients in navigating it.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor degree
- Strong foundations in analytical and quantitative methods used to solve economic/financial problems
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a multi-task environment with strong attention to detail in deadline-driven situations
- R or Python skills are desirable but not required
- This role may require travel to clients and FTI offices
How to Apply
When applying, please include your updated resume, a cover letter, and your most recent transcript. Applications without a transcript are not considered.
Applications close on Wednesday, 17 August 2022.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Attractive remuneration
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Medical insurance program (corporate membership) for individual and dependent(s)
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
- Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) – free to all employees and their immediate families
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognised as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- accepts international
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:17th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm