Do your life's best work!
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineers in our IT Innovation team. The role is to build, test & implement software solutions. You'll be involved and collaborate in projects that require strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills. We are looking for an individual who think outside the box, is passionate about innovation, challenges the status quo, has high energy levels and a great sense of humour. You'll be part of a highly dynamic, high achieving team. The role can be based anywhere in Australia.
What you'll do:
Programming & software development
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors simple programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Creates and documents detailed designs for simple software applications or components applying agreed modelling techniques, standards, patterns and tools.
- Contributes to the design of components of larger software systems.
- Reviews own work.
- Applies data analysis, design, and modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Defines test conditions for given requirements. Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided.
- Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans. Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks.
Who you are:
- Tertiary qualifications in an IT related field e.g. IT Computer Science
- 1-2 years development experience in a commercial environement
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate
- Open to feedback and improvement
- Able to create document and present built solutions and changes
- Understanding of agile delivery methods
- Focused on ultimately supporting the needs of patients i.e. IT's customers' customers
- Contribute and collaborate with agile team constantly experimenting with new tools and solutions
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems
- Regularly be available to work outside of normal business hours should the need arise
- Professional and presentable
- Able to work autonomously and with minimal direct supervision
- Be courteous and respectful at all times.
What's in it for you:
- Supportive environment with encouragement and challenge to live your highest potential both professionally and personally
- To be part of the exciting digital transformation journey in healthcare and make a difference in our patients' clinical and emotional needs
- Work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
Who we are:
We are 5500+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across Australia, the U.K., Spain, China and the United States, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer, heart and sleep disease.
Across the world, we have more than 440+ centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do-whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of 'care' that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is "do your life's best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together." If you'd like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2021, 1:59 pm