Graduate Civil Engineer
Due to continued growth across Australia, Georgiou is seeking for Expression of Interest for Graduate Civil Engineers with relevant tertiary qualifications to join one of our project-based civil engineering teams. As a Graduate Engineer, you’ll provide on-site engineering services to assist in the achievement of project objectives.
As part of a growing team with a commitment to excellence, you will be provided with the opportunity to work on a wide range of structural and civil engineering projects.
What we’re good at?
Georgiou is a national building and civil engineering company that prides itself on being 'the best people to work with'. The thing about aiming to be the best people to work with is that we get to work on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across Western Australia, Queensland and New South Wales. We support sustainability and we are committed to positively influence environmental, economic and social outcomes within our operations.
At Georgiou, we create a workplace where people excel and invest in our people through all aspects of their lives. We build teams that reflects the diverse community in which we live and work. We believe in collaboration and sharing experience and knowledge to ensure continued learning and development. Together we will define your continuous professional development and career progression.
Our working environments are fun, safe and innovative. We are always thinking about better solutions and constantly trying to improve. We encourage new ideas and creativity. You will experience an environment where your contribution will be highly valued and where you can really make a difference.
What you’re good at:
You’re curious by nature, trying to understand drivers and have a ‘can do’ attitude, someone with:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- The ability to communicate effectively and find it easy to build rapport with a wide variety of people, internally and externally
- A commitment to health, safety, environment and quality policies and procedures
- Ability to work unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a wider team
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task
What you’ll do (but not limited to):
- Producing short term programs including resource levels for an assigned area of a project and assisting in preparation of minor schedules/work programs
- Assisting in ensuring all equipment, materials and resources are available on or ahead of time to achieve the works program
- Communicating work methods, instructions, risks, inspections and test requirements to management and the workforce as required
- Prepares minor subcontractor agreements for sign off by management
- Identifying and evaluating suppliers, contractors/subcontractors and consultants in order to ensure they meet all requirements
- Preparing documentation for management approval and ensuring that all associated documentation is included
Our best offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements available
- Growing business with exciting career development opportunities
- Family-owned business with family driven values
- The opportunity to work with a diverse and engaged group of people
Georgiou are committed to an inclusive workforce and welcome applications of candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
Please visit our website for more information www.georgiou.com.au and apply via the link or through our website. We look forward to receiving your application!
Georgiou is a proud equal opportunity employer and WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:19th Jan 2022, 12:59 pm