As a GHD Vacation Student, you will be given the opportunity to learn more about your area of interest with hands-on experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects. The GHD Summer Vacation Student Program is an ideal stepping-stone to join the GHD Graduate Program at the conclusion of your studies.
The Summer Vacation Student Program will include a thorough induction to GHD, networking opportunities and team-building activities. We provide training to facilitate skill development and knowledge transfer with regular feedback sessions. By the end of the program, you will have a greater understanding of the diversity of a professional services consultancy and delivering services for a variety of clients.
We are looking for students in their penultimate year (second last year of study) currently completing a Bachelor or post-graduate qualification in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical / Process Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
Key features of the Vacation Program:
- 12 weeks' work experience (22nd November - 25th February, including holiday break)
- Positions available across our WA offices, Perth, Bunbury, Geraldton and Karratha
- The opportunity to work with and learn from industry leading specialists
- Hands-on experience on a range of project work
- Networking and development opportunities through our Young Professionals Group
- On-the-job coaching and professional development
- The opportunity to fast track into GHD's Graduate Development Program
If you are in your penultimate year of study; possess strong academic performance; participate in extracurricular activities; have a genuine curiosity about your field of studies and an interest in the consulting environment, we encourage you to apply.
To be successful in this role you will
- Be passionate about your field, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high attention to detail, enjoy building networks and working with others and have a willingness to learn and experience new opportunities in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Within our encouraging environment, your initiative and desire to learn will result in outstanding career opportunities.
Select the "Apply Online" button below.
Please allow up to 10 minutes to complete the questions included in the application form.
Upload a copy of your current resume, cover letter, and academic transcript/s.
Where to from here?
Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed by one of our talent acquisition team members. If your application is shortlisted, we will get in touch with you for a video interview.
We want you to have a positive experience, and at GHD we do this by utilising technology to keep the process timely and easy to complete. We know you are busy, so we may use processes such as video interview (pre-recorded) and talent assessments (online) that you can complete at a time/place convenient for you.
Being the best, we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2021, 2:42 am