Join a global professional services leader.
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
The Analytics and Strategic Insights team within GHD Advisory is a small but diverse high calibre team that works in the intersection of data analytics, engineering and management consulting. Our clients come from a broad range of industries: mining, energy, logistics, infrastructure, health, education and government. We deliver projects of varying complexity, including major project teams from across GHD Advisory and our more engineering design focussed colleagues.
Joining our Graduate Program in 2022, we’re currently seeking final year students studying Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and similar quantitative degrees. The team is particularly looking for a student keen to work within our dynamic simulation capability, object-oriented discrete event models that capture the complex dynamics of the client’s operation.
Working with a blend of remote and office-based work, you could be based out of our Brisbane, Sydney or Perth offices, where you’ll find yourself connected in with a strong cohort of graduates and other early career professionals – you’re sure to find your tribe once you start.
What will you do in the role?
- Coding dynamic simulation models to support client decision making
- Analysing client data and model outputs – in languages such as Python and R
- Presenting findings to clients, including interactive reports
- Opportunities for using a range of other modelling techniques: optimisation, machine learning, financial
- Opportunities for web development and back-end development
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative fields with high GPA
- Programming skills (Python/Matlab/R or other relevant programming languages)
- Exposure to transforming and analysing data sets
- Mathematical modelling: statistical models, optimisation, machine learning, simulation
- A natural curiosity and a passion for continuous, self-driven learning
- Strong communication skills
What we offer:
Outside of the technical development you’ll gain working within the Analytics & Strategic Insights team, you’ll also join GHD’s Graduate Development Program. Our learning will provide you with an integrated two-year, holistic experience as we start to develop our future leaders and technical experts. Every GHD Graduate across the globe is included in the program, so no matter where your career may take you, you’ll all start with the same learning experience.
During the two-year program, you will learn about our business and our values, your team and most importantly, yourself. You will develop your decision-making, communication, technical and important leadership skills. We offer personal mentoring and a variety of development activities, including opportunities to work in our regional offices.
How do you apply?
- Select the "Apply Online" button below
- Please allow up to 10 minutes to complete the questions included in the application form
- Upload a copy of your updated cover letter, CV and academic transcript/s.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative, and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction, and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Sydney, Brisbane, Perth
$70,000 including super
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 1:55 pm