Permanent full time position
Starting salary range $75,978 – $96,917 plus superannuation
Gippsland Water takes pride in its place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are one of the critical stakeholders in the region, working towards a prosperous Gippsland.
We are growing, innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
- Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our region.
- Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
In this role, you will:
- provide technical and administrative support for the maintenance and enhancement of the Gippsland Water Environmental Management System (EMS)
- be involved in identifying, communicating and managing environmental risks across the organisation
- use your attention to detail and experience in risk management to provide inspections and audits onsite and proactively engage with our people across the organisation
- maintain documentation and report on environmental performance to ensure Gippsland Water meets its legislative obligations
- be self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously and also within the team to achieve our goals
The role requires you to draw on your knowledge and/or experience to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and policies to the environmental management of Gippsland Water’s activities.
In collaboration with the Environment and Sustainability Coordinator you will deliver improvements to our environmental management culture.
What you’ll bring
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in environment, risk management, compliance or related discipline.
- Ability to provide first point of contact for environmental advice and support.
- A positive and engaging communication style enabling you to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven initiative and time management skills to prioritise tasks and deliver actions within agreed timeframes.
- Understanding of project management lifecycle, in particular risk mitigation and compliance.
- Ability to collate and analyse data from various systems to inform environmental reporting.
We know we are asking a lot for this role, however, if you have a passion for the environment along with a drive to establish your career and feel you don’t have all the skills right now, that’s fine by us, we will give the right person the support to get there.
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Debbie Archer, Environment and Sustainability Coordinator on 0419 560 135.
Applications close at 5 pm on Tuesday 12 October 2021.
Before applying for the position applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a statement addressing all selection criteria along with a copy of your current resume to be considered for this position.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Further information: A position description and instructions on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.gippswater.com.au/careers or by contacting Recruitment on 03 5177 4709.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- 55 Hazelwood Road, Traralgon Vic 3844Locations:
- Closing Date:12th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm