Looking for Graduate Operations jobs, Logistics roles or Graduate Programmes in Australia? Interested in working for the largest IATA agent in Australia? Apply to this Operations Graduate Program in Brisbane!
Our client is the largest IATA agent by export airfreight tonnage ex-Australia. Proudly Australian-owned and operated, the business has over 40 years of expertise and proudly supports the Australian perishable market with a passionate team of 230 specialists.
They have an extensive global network of company-owned offices and agents around the world to support all customer needs including; International Supply Chain Management, eCommerce and Time Critical Health and Pharma transportation.
Passionate about the future of their industry, this management team are thrilled to launch their operations graduate scheme to inspire and train a new generation!
Graduate Program - Job description
If you really want to understand how global freight businesses operate – this is the perfect operations role for a recent graduate.
In this specialist graduate scheme, you will deep dive into the entire international logistics business and have the unique opportunity to rotate around departments. This will ensure you have an exceptional understanding of the overall supply chain process.
You can expect hands-on training from day one and as you progress through rotations, you will gain important industry accreditations.
This unique operational graduate scheme is ideal if you have graduated with a degree in logistics, supply chain, or business. However, applications will not be limited to these subjects if you can show a real passion for the industry.
Graduate Program - Key responsibilities
The new Operational Graduate Scheme will be 2.5 years training in all operational processes, system and industry certifications across:
- Perishable Airfreight Export
- General Airfreight export
- Warehouse operations
- Perishable Seafreight Export
- Perishable & General Airfreight & Seafreight import
For each rotation, you will explore the full operational workings of that department, including but not be limited to:
- Customer interaction
- Carrier interaction
- Warehouse interaction
- Documentation preparation – compliance, customs, cargo etc.
- Coordination with transport providers
Please note, successfully shortlisted applicants will review the full brief during the screening process.
Graduate Program - Job requirements
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject (e.g. commerce, logistics, or supply chain) – this helps, but the subject isn’t an absolute must
- Any previous work experience
- Real interest to develop a career in operations, especially in the freight industry
- Comfortable with numbers & data – analytical mindset
- Well versed with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player & positive person!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Great organizational & project management skills
Graduate Program - Benefits of the job
- Competitive graduate salary package
- A rotational graduate role to explore different departments
- Amazing learning & development scheme with industry experts
- Industry accreditations achieved from each rotation
- Collaborative & supportive environment – they start and finish their day as a team!
Looking for Graduate Logistics jobs, Supply Chain Management roles or Graduate Programs? Keen to work for the largest IATA agent in Australia? Apply to this Operations Graduate Program in Brisbane today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Logistics and Supply Chain, Operations, Transport
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:23rd Sep 2021, 7:48 am