Looking for Front End Developer jobs in Melbourne? Apply to this Developer role in Melbourne, Australia today!
Formed in 2020, our client is a young travel tech startup nestled in awesome co-working spaces in central Melbourne. Their mission is to streamline business travel management for large organisations, with a roster of impressive clients already growing. They are focused on reshaping how teams organise travel arrangements and develop innovative platforms to assist. The passionate and friendly diverse team are eager to find like-minded talented people to keep building their team!
In this Front End Developer position in Melbourne, you will be joining an expert development team and an innovative business using technology to disrupt the travel industry. Already boasting growth in 2020, they are continuing to expand the tech team with junior talent. The junior front end developer will be part of a tight-knit technical team creating new code, supporting other developers on their projects and communicating to internal and external stakeholders.
In this Front-End Developer opportunity in Australia, you can expect a fast-paced environment with the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Daily team meetings - it’s a truly collaborative environment
- Participate in sprint planning and developer feedback sessions
- Support the head of technology working on a variety of projects and producing new code (e.g new features, modifications to existing features and bug fixes)
- Involved with peer-reviewing other developers code
- Provide constructive feedback to the development team on their projects
- Update and maintain JIRA and Confluence as required
- Liaise with product owners and developers to ensure products and functionality meet the requirements of the business (and its customers)
- Create technical documentation for internal & external stakeholders
- VueJS experience desired (VueJs, VueX, Vuetify), however similar frameworks will be considered
- A serious interest working in startups and ability to work within a small, agile team
- Previous work experience in a startup would be a bonus!
- A curious mindset to learn new technologies and the development process
- Able to design and develop large scale single page applications
- Experience with implementing responsive designs
- A team player who enjoys sharing technical knowledge with the wider team
- Able to work in a small team environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage with other team members, customers and people within the co-workplace
Benefits of the job
- Competitive starting salary
- Centrally located cool and vibrant offices nestled in Docklands, Melbourne (subject to COVID19 restrictions)
- Friday team lunch, Friday drinks & other social events
- The benefits of working in a startup environment - you will be required to be very hands on, learn heaps and get involved in different areas that excite you
- The team are young, energetic & multi-cultural
- Flexible working conditions to suit your lifestyle & requirements
- Choice of laptop or desktop (multi-monitor)
- Open source development stack (PostgreSQL, Python and Vue.js)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:21st Jan 2021, 12:59 pm