Company profile - Sustainability consultancy
Based in Melbourne, this tight-knit team is passionate about creating opportunities in the built environment to reduce carbon footprint, enhance user wellbeing, and address risks associated with energy utility costs.
Currently partnered with a leading educational institution in Australia, it offers a holistic approach to the management of energy and carbon; driving projects forward to enable the development of sustainable, innovative, and cost-effective building solutions.
With many projects on the horizon, it's a truly exciting time for a grad to join!
Job description - Sustainability Analyst
As a Sustainability Analyst, you will play an important role in assisting with numerical analysis to support the business case for energy efficiency upgrades for built assets. You will play an active role in establishing project scope and feasibility, drafting recommendation reports, and project implementation.
This is an excellent learning opportunity to understand the challenges and opportunities of retrofitting existing buildings to reduce their energy and carbon footprint.
For students still studying, there is an option to start this role part-time to accommodate your studies.
Job responsibilities - Sustainability Analyst
As a Sustainability Analyst, your role will include the following tasks, but not be limited to:
- Taking ownership of the financial model to underwrite the feasibility of energy efficiency projects
- Assist in scoping of projects from ideation and feasibility, through to implementation and ultimately practical completion
- Drafting of internal recommendation memos to obtain necessary approvals
- Preparation of materials to support ongoing budgeting, programming, and stakeholder reporting
- Assist in preparing documentation for the generation of carbon certificates
- Potential to be involved in energy procurement strategy (electricity and gas)
- Opportunities in the future to become more involved in project management.
Job requirements - Sustainability Analyst
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data analysis and Excel skills are essential (Python, and R Analytics a bonus)
- An interest in sustainability especially within the urban environment
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- A team player
- Ability to operate independently and be self-motivated
Give a Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Data Science and Analytics, Engineering Environmental,...
- Work rights:Australian Bridging Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
$60,000 - $70,000 + super
- accepts international
- Closing Date:1st Feb 2023, 6:00 am