We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. We commit people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow.
Our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible.
Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients.
Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Learn more about Engineering
Your Summer Analyst Program
Our Summer Analyst Program is a ten-week summer internship for students from late November to February. You will be fully immersed in the day-to-day activities of our Engineering Division.
As a participant, you will;
- Attend orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the firm
- Receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed
- Have the opportunity to work on real responsibilities alongside fellow interns and our people
Successful Summer Analysts may be invited back to join our New Analyst program in a full time position.
Summer Analysts in the Engineering division in Australia will typically work in Software Engineering and work on a wide range of problems. You will get a chance to:
- Combine the best open source software, databases, cloud solutions, and programming languages, to solve problems and provide accurate, complex, scalable applications that help our business and clients gain new insights.
- Be a part of our embedded engineering teams, that work as a unit with our business partners. Collaborate with trading, sales, asset management, banking, finance and others, to build and automate solutions to keep our firm’s position on the cutting edge
- Join our core engineering teams, and elevate all of our businesses by providing reliable, scalable platforms for data engineering, machine learning, networking, developer tooling, collaboration and more. Innovate with UI/UX designers, full-stack engineers, data scientists, cloud engineers, and more in a collaborative, agile environment where your enthusiasm to take on new problems and learn will have an immediate impact.
What we look for
The summer analyst role is for candidates currently in their penultimate year of a Bachelors or Master’s degree (excluding MBA courses).
We are interested in applicants who possess the following computer science skills:
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems, databases
- Design and analysis of algorithms
- Implementation of programming languages and run-time systems
- Knowledge of finance would be an added advantage
How to apply
To be considered you will be in completing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree (excluding MBA) in 2021
Apply and explore careers at Goldman Sachs visit www.goldmansachs.com/careers
- Select 'Apply' under the ‘Students’ section
- Select ’Apply Now’
- Select ‘Summer Analyst/Summer Associate’ from the position listings
- Click ‘Apply’
- If you have not applied previously, please enter your details to register or if you have applied to Goldman Sachs previously login using your email address and password
- Enter the following on the ‘Position Preference’ page
- Recruiting Year: 2022
- Position: Summer Analyst/Summer Associate
- Program: Summer Analyst
- You can apply to up to three locations and divisions
- Please ensure all information submitted is accurate before finalising your application. Applications can’t be edited once submitted
- You will be asked to complete HackerRank to be considered for the role.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Skilled...
- Closing Date:27th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm