At Goldman Sachs, we connect people, capital and ideas to help solve problems for our clients. We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
The Global Markets Division facilitates client transactions and makes markets in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products, primarily with institutional clients such as corporations, financial institutions, investment funds and governments. The firm also makes markets and clears client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide and provides financing, securities lending and prime brokerage services to institutional clients.
Learn more about Global Markets visit the careers website:
https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/divisions/global-markets/index.html or join us at an upcoming event
Q&A Panel with the ANZ Global Markets team on July 1st register here by June 29 here:
Our Summer Analyst Program is a ten-week summer internship for students from late November to February. You will be fully immersed in the day-to-day activities of one of our divisions.
As a participant, you will;
- Attend orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the firm
- Receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed
- Have the opportunity to work on real responsibilities alongside fellow interns and our people
Successful Summer Analysts may be invited back to join our New Analyst program in a full time position.
Summer Analysts in the Global Markets typically will;
- research trends
- summarise research papers
- compile pitches for clients on events, data releases and investment ideas
- work with the desk to develop and draft trade ideas
- be given projects to develop your understanding of financial instruments (eg. rates swaps, FX forwards)
- assist with daily task such as preparation of sales notes
- making graphs using various internal and external tools
What we look for
We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences.
Qualities we look for:
- excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- strong sense of teamwork
- commitment to excellence
- intellectual curiosity, passion and self-driven
- integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
- thrive in a fast paced environment where multitasking and time management are essential
- comfortable working with numbers
- passion for markets
How to apply
Submit your CV, cover letter and most recent academic transcript via our online application form at www.goldmansachs.com/careers
- Select 'Apply' under the ‘Students’ section
- Select ’Apply Now’
- Select ‘Summer Analyst/Summer Associate’ from the position listings
- Click ‘Apply’
- If you have not applied previously, please enter your details to register or if you have applied to Goldman Sachs previously login using your email address and password
- Enter the following on the ‘Position Preference’ page
- Recruiting Year: 2022
- Position: Summer Analyst/Summer Associate
- Program: Summer Analyst
- You can apply to up to three locations and divisions
Please ensure all information submitted is accurate before finalising your application. Applications can’t be edited once submitted
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Skilled...
- Closing Date:27th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm