ABOUT OPERATIONS DIVISION
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Operations provide essential risk management and controls to safeguard the firm’s businesses and client assets. A focus on innovation, change management and process improvement is core to how we ensure the firm is managing its diverse businesses in an efficient and high quality way.
THE OPERATIONS ANALYST PROGRAM
The Analyst Program has been designed to combine business, technical and professional skills training with a wide-ranging platform of development opportunities to give you a broad portfolio of business management skills. Alongside formal training, you will continue to benefit from peer mentoring, networking opportunities and a range of challenging developmental assignments that will take you outside your day-to-day responsibilities.
Careers in Operations are about developing business management and leadership skills, and applying them in the exciting and rewarding world of banking and finance. We want you to develop a long-term career, and we are committed to giving you the tools and the opportunities necessary.
Our Sydney team includes Middle Office(MO) and Settlement teams. The MO are responsible for the cash equity execution of ASX and NZX listed stocks against Goldman Sachs Australia entity as well as assisting the Global Markets Division locally in timely escalation of any booking errors and trade confirmations. The Settlement team locally is responsible for settlement of cash equity securities and fixed income products for the ASX and NZX traded across Goldman Sachs entities, both on-shore and off shore. Team tasks include;
- Ensuring trade booking and confirmations are executed and matched
- Ensure no trade breaks in the reconciliation from upstream to downstream ledgers
- Ensure client allocations are booked out in a timely manner
- Following up with Global Markets desks and clients as appropriate to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Pre-matching/settlement handling for agent bank/self-clearing market flow.
- Fail investigation and resolution
- Inventory management, strategic alignment of firm-wide stock inventory to ensure timely settlement
- Managing Equity Capital Management flow in the assistance of the Syndicate Execution desk
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs recruits highly motivated graduates who can demonstrate outstanding achievements in academic and extra-curricular activities. A background in finance is not a pre-requisite.
- General knowledge of financial markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical / analytical skills
- Self-motivated, driven and strong team player
- Strong sense of teamwork
Final year students graduating at the end of 2021 of a Bachelor or Master Degree.
- Select 'Apply' under the ‘Students’ section
- Select ’Apply Now’
- Select ‘New Analyst/New Associate’ from the position listings
- Click ‘Apply’
- If you have not applied previously, please enter your details to register or if you have applied to Goldman Sachs previously login using your email address and password
- Enter the following on the ‘Position Preference’ page
- Recruiting Year: 2022
- Position: New Analyst/New Associate
- Program: New Analyst
- You can apply to up to three locations and divisions
- Please ensure all information submitted is accurate before finalising your application. Applications can’t be edited once submitted
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Skilled...
- Closing Date:23rd Mar 2021, 12:59 pm