At Grant Thornton, YOU are at the heart of everything we do.
Starting your graduate program at Grant Thornton is a remarkable step in your career. From day one, you’ll be an integral part of our team – working alongside some of Australia’s leading industry experts on complex projects for a range of dynamic and emerging business.
Exciting? Absolutely! But we also know that starting as a graduate can be overwhelming.
That’s why when you join us as a new graduate, you’ll be supported every step of the way. Starting as part of our national cohort, you’ll take part in a comprehensive induction and training program to ensure you’ve got the skills to hit the ground running.
In addition to ample formal learning sessions, you’ll also receive plenty of on-the-job learning opportunities as well as regular coaching and feedback from your team leaders. We want you to learn more, be inspired to expand your horizons and discover exactly what you’re capable of.
Our open and team based structure will give you the opportunity to interact with senior business leaders from early in your career, and you will have exposure to a wide variety of clients, benefiting from the knowledge and experience of your colleagues along the way.
Opportunities are available for driven and enthusiastic graduates and undergraduates to join our Melbourne Corporate Tax team in 2023.
Tax is fundamentally a complex area for businesses to navigate. Our Corporate Tax team work with our clients to help them understand and address their tax risks so that they can reach and maintain their optimum tax position. Failing to meet corporate tax obligations can have a significant impact, resulting in reputational damage, business risks and penalties, so we provide tailored advice and insights for every aspect of the corporate tax process, including comprehensive due diligence of tax affairs, to help clients meet your tax obligations more effectively and efficiently.
You will join a supportive team who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise and will enable you to gain a wide range of tax advisory and compliance exposure including:
- Preparation of company tax returns, including consolidated company tax returns for a wide range of corporate clients
- Preparation of tax-effect accounting calculations
- Assisting with tax due diligence, structuring advice and advisory work
- Research and assisting with tax consulting advice (such as tax consolidation, tax treaties, international tax, withholding taxes)
This role will suit someone with either a Business, Commerce or Law Degree who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills as well as a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in helping their clients. You will also be a self-starter with the ability to understand basic accounting concepts.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Comprehensive support to undertake your CA qualification
- March 2023 commencement
- Students must be able to commit to 3 days per week throughout the university semester
- March 2023 commencement
Please note: our undergraduate opportunities are flexible around your university timetable and exams, and we will work with you each semester to ensure you are able to balance both your working and study commitments.
A FIRM THAT IS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
Here, we do things differently. We’re not just a leader in accounting and advisory services – we have an approach that’s uniquely Grant Thornton. Our team is shaping growth strategies for our clients and influencing our firm’s culture and future with their own voices and experiences. We care for our people, clients and communities and support them to thrive.
Our size and success mean we can offer remarkable opportunities as you develop your career. With a global network spanning more than 135 countries, we have the reach to take your where you want to go.
YOUR LIFE @ GRANT THORNTON
We understand work is just one aspect of your life so along with a competitive salary you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits including free gym membership, social events and clubs, volunteer days, corporate discounts and paid study support and leave.
We are proud to be a workplace that champions a culture of inclusion and diversity where our people are supported, connected and heard. We recognise the importance of individual flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining diverse, adaptive and high performing teams. To support you we are committed to growing authentic and inclusive leaders who create a vibrant and collaborative working environment. Leaders encourage your unique perspective and support you to be your whole self every day as you steer the career path you planned. Collaboration, Authenticity, Responsibility and Excellence (CARE) are our values and guide us in supporting our people, our clients and our community to thrive.
Grant Thornton strives for equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage female candidates, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTI+ community and people with disability to apply.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You’ll come with a variety of strengths and motivations ready to contribute and connect with our clients, our purpose, our values and our culture and want to make an impact right from the start. It’s not just about the academics, but also what else inspires you to care as much as we do.
In addition to studying a relevant qualification, you’ll be curious, aspirational and value the things we value.
- empowered - You will not be afraid to challenge convention, to have a voice and to contribute your views, experiences and passions to help shape our firm’s culture and future.
- supported - You’ll prioritise learning in an environment where you are free to try new things and be guided by leaders who remember what it was like to start their careers and foster a culture of clear and constructive feedback.
- inspired - You’ll embrace diversity, flexibility and respect the unique strengths and qualities each member of your team will bring. You’ll be energised by collaborating with those around you and lean into challenge and new experiences.
In addition to this, you must be on track to complete your studies by the end of 2022 or have completed a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last two years.
Five easy steps to starting your career at Grant Thornton:
- Get to know us
- Apply online
- Complete our online testing – the Grant Thornton Strength Assessment
- Complete the video interview
- Attend an assessment centre and/or interview
- Applications will close strictly at 11.55 pm AEST on Friday, 10 February 2023.
Need additional support?
We are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible for anyone who wishes to apply. Should you require any adaptations to the recruitment process or need any additional support from us to help you perform at your best, please reach out to our Early Careers team on 03 8663 6436 or [email protected] to discuss your application and your individual circumstances.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Business and Commerce, Compliance
- Work rights:Australian Skilled Migration Visa (485),...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
$65,000 (including superannuation)
- accepts international
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 12:55 pm