Ready to take your career in Forensics to the next level?
Our Forensic Consulting practice is currently looking for a junior Associate to join our growing Sydney team.
As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst applying your accounting experience across a broad range of forensic engagements, including investigations, fraud risk management litigation support and analytics.
The Forensic Consulting team
Our Forensic Consulting team support businesses and individuals through dispute resolution, loss of profit quantification, and business fraud. We also have experience in forensic and investigative accounting to unravel numbers and provide an independent, robust report that our clients can trust – whether it’s for civil or criminal proceedings, regulatory disputes or insurance claims.
This opportunity will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who will assist and motivate you to gain a wide range of exposure to forensic work.
- Investigating a $50m+ Ponzi scheme and reconstructing its records
- Assisting companies facing compulsory acquisition from government projects like WestConnex
- Producing a report on a shareholder class action
- Providing expert accounting work to value losses in litigation
- Investigating a CEO’s expenses, an IT team who appeared to be behaving inappropriately & instances of cyber-fraud
- Valuing businesses in both disputes and acquisitions
- Data analytics to ensure the integrity of client data
This role will suit someone up to 2 years previous experience in Forensic Accounting or a background in public practice audit and a desire to transition into a new area of expertise. You’ll be agile, responsive and curious. You have a passion for learning and strong problem solving skills.
Ideally we are looking for candidates who possess the following experience and attributes:
- Undertaking research and analysis to assess financial losses
- Developing financial data models from transactional and financial data
- Contribute to the forensic team locally and nationally with business development initiatives and team events
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- An eye for detail
Working at Grant Thornton
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and seek to harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our vibrant, down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment that empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on [email protected]
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:9th Jun 2019, 1:55 pm