As a new graduate, we aim to provide you more than just your ‘traditional’ graduate program; instead we kick start your career as an Associate and support you to turn theory into practice.
You’ll receive on-the-job learning, as well as technical and professional skill development through our structured learning programs, by working with our leaders and being involved in client work right from the beginning.
We don’t work in silos – meaning you’ll get exposure to clients across a broad range of industries. It also means that cross-team and cross-office collaboration is just part of what we do, giving you the opportunity to develop a breadth skills and knowledge, and work with leading minds across the whole Grant Thornton network.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for well-rounded candidates who connect with our clients, our purpose and our culture and want to make an impact right from the start. In addition to studying towards a relevant qualification, we’re looking for people who are curious, ambitious and who value the things we value:
- We empower our people to make a difference. We want our people to think for themselves, to speak up, and to actively shape our firm’s culture and future.
- We genuinely care about our clients. As part of our work, we discover what’s important to them and enjoy helping them succeed.
- We want our people to bring their whole selves to work. Individuality and authenticity are very important to our firm.
- We highly value collaboration. We believe that it’s energising and stimulating to collaborate – to learn from and be inspired by others. We believe that diverse teams will always outperform the individual
Here’s also a little more info about the specialised Tax service lines and what they do and what we are looking for:
You will join a supportive team who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise and will enable you to gain a wide range of advisory exposure including:
- Preparation of company tax returns, including consolidated company tax returns for a wide range of corporate clients
- Preparation of tax-effect accounting calculations
- Assisting with tax due diligence, structuring advice and advisory work
- Research and assisting with tax consulting advice (such as tax consolidation, tax treaties, international tax, withholding taxes)
This role will suit someone with either a Business, Commerce or Law Degree who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills as well as a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in helping their clients. You will also be a self-starter with the ability to understand basic accounting concepts.
Within Specialist Tax, we have opportunities within:
1. Transfer pricing
Kickstart your career within a supportive and nurturing environment where you gain a wide range of specialist tax advisory. Key areas of involvement will include:
- Developing and implementing transfer pricing planning structures
- Preparing transfer pricing advice including financial analysis, benchmarking and report writing
- Preparing transfer pricing documentation and assisting in the review of International dealings schedule
- Assisting in controversy/dispute resolution with tax authorities
- Liaising with multinational clients across a broad range of industries in Australia and globally
You’ll be responsive and enjoy thinking outside of the box with a relevant degree or postgraduate degree (finance, economics or accounting). You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to build relationships.
2. Transfer Pricing - Global Trade
Kick start your career within a supportive, nurturing and innovative environment where you will gain a wide range of specialist tax advisory. Key areas of involvement will include:
- Use of data analytics to unlock refund and savings within clients customs data
- Preparing Tariff Advice rulings to verify the clients goods have been accurately declared to Customs jurisdictions which will safeguard refunds and savings clients
- Preparing Valuation Advices and Voluntary disclosures regarding the impact of royalties and transfer pricing adjustments
- Assisting with trade compliance and supply chain security reviews in readiness for accreditation into the Trusted Trader program
- Assisting clients with supply chain strategy planning and duty minimizations strategies in Australia and Global viewpoint
- Liaising with multinational clients across a broad range of industries in Australia and globally on customs related issues
You’ll be responsive and enjoy thinking outside of the box with a relevant degree or postgraduate degree. You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and an interest to develop Alteryrx and Power BI as well as the ability to build relationships
3. Innovation Incentives
Research and development is critical to growing and maintaining a successful business. Our specialist Innovation Incentives team help our clients to make the most of their R&D investments through identifying eligible R&D activities as well as helping business access funding via government grants and incentive programs. The team will support you in gaining a wide range of advisory exposure including:
- Technical writing: using your well-developed communication skills to articulate business strategy in terms of its positive impact to Australia's economy and innovation landscape.
- Commercial problem solving: solving business problems through analysis, critical thinking and logical reasoning.
- Business analysis: understanding businesses from multiple perspectives using operating models, commercial strategy and understanding of their external operating environments (business/political).
- Data analysis: using client data to develop budgets, financial modelling, costings and reporting.
- Information presentation: communicating to clients, internal stakeholders and regulatory bodies to support and influence decision-making.
You will be a strong communicator with the ability to gather, and analyse, information from a range of sources with a positive, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude. You will be degree qualified in either Business, Commerce or Arts.
Applications close at 11.55pm AEST on Friday, 17 September 2021. Positions are limited so apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you throughout the recruitment process, please contact Angela Tiet, Graduate Recruitment Business Partner on 03 8663 6584 or at [email protected] to discuss your application and your individual needs
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Position Start Date
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:17th Sep 2021, 12:59 am