HeliMods is an internationally renowned aerospace technology company, operating from a world-class facility on Queensland's beautiful Sunshine Coast.
At our advanced, purpose-built facility we host a full suite of vertically integrated soft and hard infrastructure in support of our highly capable aerospace capability.
We make a tangible, lasting contribution to local and global communities by providing innovative, world-leading aerospace products that enable our customers to perform a range of critical missions, including emergency medical retrieval, search and rescue, aerial policing and disaster relief.
HeliMods is a dynamic, high-growth business, with a strong performance culture that values innovation, creativity, accountability and collaboration. Our unique multi-skilled team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and shares in a common passion for working together to solve complex and interesting problems using the best technology to create meaningful impact.
We have a networked and flexible organisation structure that enables our people to be agile, responsive and empowered to achieve outcomes. Career progression looks less like climbing a ladder and more like a continuous flow of exciting, meaningful opportunities that facilitate personal development and technical mastery.
As a high-performance organisation, we’re dedicated to empowering our people and challenging convention, and we know that combining teams of talented people with the best technology and real-world problems leads to amazing outcomes. We unashamedly work hard and aim to push the boundaries in everything we do, while sharing a common sense of fun and celebrating both the small and big wins.
HeliMods is seeking multiple graduate software engineers to help design, grow and scale world-class software applications in the Aerospace Technology industry.
We are looking for people who are considerate and open-minded of different approaches and who can contribute balanced and thoughtful inputs based on their own experience and continued learning, but who also seek to understand and take into account HeliMods' specific and unique context.
A sound level of core software development experience is a must. We are looking for contributors with a base level of ability, but who are also still looking to learn and grow.
In your role you will:
- Work as a part of a small but rapidly growing and cross-skilled development team on exciting greenfield projects in the Aerospace Technology industry. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and road maps of software products.
- Interface across the broader organisation, including a larger team of aerospace, mechatronic and avionics engineers.
- Work directly on projects seeking to achieve close integration of i4.0 technologies and agile micro-services with larger enterprise-grade systems that consider agility, reliability, security and scalability at the forefront of requirement.
- Contribute towards the implementation, development and evolution of technologies across all areas of the business.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working with git-based SCM tools.
HeliMods provides products and services to Defence. In order to satisfy Defence security requirements, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This role may also require the successful applicant to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance. More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with microservices architecture and serverless functions.
- Working knowledge of containerisation technologies (Docker and Kubernetes).
A top performer in this role will:
- Deliver outstanding work with minimum guidance, managing time and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Be multi-disciplined and adapt quickly to the needs of the situation.
- Provide sound, well-considered technical input that can also be translated across all parts of the team to enable decision-making.
- Innovate and thrive under pressure.
What we need for you to proceed
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY THROUGH HELIMODS' JOB BOARD.
- A CV and Covering Letter.
- Optionally, we would love to see any content you have independently developed (portfolio, webpage, application, etc.) which demonstrates your passion and skills.
Interviewing during COVID-19
- Initial pre-screening interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Remote interviews can also be arranged for any candidates progressing to the final stages of interview who cannot attend in person (e.g. interstate candidates) .
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:4th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm