Our Post Trade Division is the crucial foundation to a wide range of HKEX businesses and products. It is also responsible for the operation and business development of Hong Kong’s four Clearing Houses: the market infrastructure that provides clearing & settlement, custody & asset servicing, financing, collateral management, investor services and reporting. HKEX Post Trade services extend across a broad-range of asset classes and products, including securities in Hong Kong and Mainland China, and as well as on-exchange and Over-the-Counter (OTC) derivatives.
In additional to the transactional function and services provided, the Post Trade Division is also responsible for risk management and market surveillance; helping to ensure the integrity, fairness, stability and resilience of the Hong Kong market.
As HKEX continues to work to create deeper, more liquid global capital markets, the Post Trade team supports our market participants by processing transactions efficiently, enhancing liquidity and reducing risk.
We also maintain close cooperation and collaboration with the Clearing Houses in Mainland China; providing market infrastructure to support the growth and development of China Connect. Together, we work to ‘Connect China, Connect the World’.
As one of our Management Trainees, you will:
- Be immersed in Hong Kong’s fast growing securities and derivatives market; helping to shape the infrastructure which connects market participants
- Support the Post Trade Division in enhancing its service offerings and process efficiency within the operation of the four Clearing Houses
- Develop an understanding of clearing, settlement, custody, risk management and surveillance functions across different asset classes within the Hong Kong market
- Participate in strategic projects and help to leverage new technology in order to expand our post trade services, deliver capital efficiency and strengthen our operating capabilities
- Gain cross-boundary market and regulatory exposure under our ‘China Connect’ clearing operations and surveillance functions
- Collaborate with HKEX Trading, Market Development and Group Risk functions to deliver best-in-class products and services to the market
To join us, you must:
- Be a fresh graduate in 2021, or recent graduate in the last two years with less than 2 years of work experience after graduation
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or above, majoring in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Financial Modeling, Financial Technology, Management Science or relevant disciplines
- Be on track for, or achieved, minimum 2:1 degree (UK), or 3.0 GPA (Hong Kong or US) or equivalent
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and interest in global financial markets
- Have familiarity with the financial services sector of Hong Kong
- Have an excellent command of both written and spoken English and Cantonese. Ability to communicate in Putonghua would be an advantage
Applications close on 11 October 2020!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2020, 3:59 pm