Graduate Software Engineer - Sydney, New South Wales
- Opportunity to work for a Fortune 100 global innovative leader
- Get exposure to one or more aspects of the software development lifecycle
Welcome to Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company, that invents and manufactures a range of new technologies, products and solutions that address tough challenges across diverse industries. It is a multidimensional environment requiring you to adapt quickly while remaining confident in your ability to handle demanding situations, sometimes single-handedly, across multiple projects. The challenges are great, but you will learn from some of the most respected industry experts and discover what you are capable of in the company of some incredibly talented individuals.
The Honeywell Software Centre (HSC) Sydney is a key global software development centre and user experience design studio. Our solutions and applications help solve some of the world’s toughest automation challenges, to make the world safer, more secure, more energy efficient and more productive. Our focus is on large scale automation systems & human machine interfaces for industrial and building automation, using leading edge technologies.
About the Role
As a Graduate Software Engineer, you’ll work with others in a team to contribute to the development of new software innovation, using contemporary software processes, tools and quality systems to develop mission critical software solutions. You will be reporting to the Software Development Manager and be a part of 4-6 other team members within a scrum team.
- Perform software engineering tasks as part of a team to develop innovations for Honeywell’s market leading mission critical software solutions
- Apply contemporary software development methodologies and tools, such as Agile and Iterative development, across the full development lifecycle
- Provide responsive design centre customer support for software solutions developed
Key Experience & Capabilities:
- Qualification in Software Engineering of a combined degree in Engineering (credit average or above) completed in the 2 years preceding the start date for the Graduate role, February 2022.
If you’re an engineer at heart who is passionate about using software and technology to solve real world problems, then this is the role for you! We are looking for outstanding students who like taking initiative and working with others to get results. We are open to considering candidates with knowledge of any technologies as long as you have the ability to learn quickly and have problem solving capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work with our talented and friendly team of professionals and be part of a global team!
- Applications will close 8 April 2021.
- The graduate program will commence in February 2022
- Australian Citizenship required. Student and bridging visas will not be accepted
- Successful candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment background and drug screening.
- For more information visit: www.earlycareersathoneywell.com.au Also meet our graduates at https://earlycareersathoneywell.com.au/our-graduates/
- Please include the following in your application. Without all four documents your response may not be reviewed:
- Cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role. Please also include your availability to start.
- Academic transcript (please note this does not need to be a verified transcript copy)
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency
The world is changing. And it’s a familiar story at Honeywell. Our $36 billion business was founded on a legacy of firsts spanning 130 years. We’re building a safer, smarter, and more sustainable world through our technology and software across each of our 930 sites globally. Our impact is seen in every shape and size around the world. Our solutions are felt daily in aerospace, buildings and cities, retail, chemicals and materials, safety, industrial and manufacturing, safety, and supply chains.
We’ve been innovating for more than 100 years and now we’re creating what’s next. There’s a lot more available for you to discover. Our solutions, our case studies, our #futureshapers, and so much more. Learn more at careers.honeywell.com/us/en/ If you believe what happens tomorrow is determined by what we do today, you’ll love working at Honeywell. The future is what we make it. So join us and let’s do this together.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we support a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Finalist 2019 AHRI awards – Best workplace diversity and inclusion program For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster.
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Copyright © 2020 Honeywell International Inc.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Engineering...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:8th Apr 2021, 1:59 pm