Graduate User Experience Designer - Sydney, New South Wales
- Opportunity to work for a Fortune 100 global innovative leader
- Bring your experience with design sketching and prototyping tools
Welcome to Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company, that invents and manufactures a range of new technologies, products and solutions that address tough challenges across diverse industries. It is a multidimensional environment requiring you to adapt quickly while remaining confident in your ability to handle demanding situations, sometimes single-handedly, across multiple projects. The challenges are great, but you will learn from some of the most respected industry experts and discover what you are capable of in the company of some incredibly talented individuals.
The Honeywell Software Centre (HSC) is a global software development centre for Honeywell and recognized as a leader in the development of world class software products for Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS). The Honeywell User Experience (HUE) Design Studio provides user experience research and design to deliver world class user experiences for our global offerings.
About the Role
As a Graduate User Experience Designer, you will work with other designers in an interdisciplinary studio to create the framework and best practices for world-class design. You will join our team that is responsible for the design of the user experience for Honeywell’s flagship automation solutions. Your role is to apply user experience design to help continually improve the end-to-end user experience for our customers.
Together, we will create design strategies, develop advanced design concepts and deliver outstanding products to market that delight our end users.
- Design user experiences exploring to build an ideal product experience that exceeds the expectations of our business and customers while partnering with cross-functional teams
- Participate in the entire iterative design process from discovery through launch
- Account for each stage of the user journey using user flow diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Design, implement and verify user interfaces for massively scalable programs and applications desktop and mobile
- Document functional user requirements to communicate design, process, rationale and decisions that direct and support UX/UI and functional design
Key Experience & Capabilities:
- Degree completed in the 2 years preceding the start date for the Graduate role, February 2022 or equivalent experience in HCI, UX design other user centered design program
- Fluent with design sketching and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe XD, Abstract, etc.)
This role will require you to communicate with variety of project stakeholders and thus you must be able to clearly communicate your thoughts. We are also looking for self-motivated individuals who love to challenge themselves and continuously learn. Join a dynamic team and get the opportunity to add value by solving real world problems and be a true #futureshaper
- Applications will close 8 April 2021.
- The graduate program will commence in February 2022
- Australian Citizenship required. Student and bridging visas will not be accepted
- Successful candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment background and drug screening.
- For more information visit: www.earlycareersathoneywell.com.au Also meet our graduates at https://earlycareersathoneywell.com.au/our-graduates/
- Please include the following in your application. Without all four documents your response may not be reviewed:
- Cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role. Please also include your availability to start.
- Academic transcript (please note this does not need to be a verified transcript copy)
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency
The world is changing. And it’s a familiar story at Honeywell. Our $36 billion business was founded on a legacy of firsts spanning 130 years. We’re building a safer, smarter, and more sustainable world through our technology and software across each of our 930 sites globally. Our impact is seen in every shape and size around the world. Our solutions are felt daily in aerospace, buildings and cities, retail, chemicals and materials, safety, industrial and manufacturing, safety, and supply chains.
We’ve been innovating for more than 100 years and now we’re creating what’s next. There’s a lot more available for you to discover. Our solutions, our case studies, our #futureshapers, and so much more. Learn more at careers.honeywell.com/us/en/ If you believe what happens tomorrow is determined by what we do today, you’ll love working at Honeywell. The future is what we make it. So join us and let’s do this together.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we support a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Finalist 2019 AHRI awards – Best workplace diversity and inclusion program For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster.
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Copyright © 2020 Honeywell International Inc.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Engineering...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:8th Apr 2021, 1:59 pm