As a Western Australian Public Sector employee, you will enjoy all the benefits of working for the Western Australian Government, including flexibility and variety of work. Some of the other benefits you will experience include:
- Diverse rotations with the opportunity to work across numerous business streams
- A dedicated mentor, peer support and networking opportunities within Government, Private and the Not for Profit sectors, which will help with your development
- Competitive salary with an increment in year two
- Professional and personal development through training, site visits, placements, workshops and leadership programs
- Opportunities for regional and remote travel
- Health and Lifestyle Program including free exercise classes and health consultations
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Career progression in a challenging and rewarding workplace, with the opportunity for you to make a difference to the lives of Western Australians.
You will be exposed to a variety of activities throughout the program. Your first week is dedicated to your induction. After that, we will design a professional development program (PDP) with you that will help you fit into the organization. The PDP is based on your existing skills and experience and can include opportunities such as:
- In-house formal courses
- On-the- job training
- Site visits
- Public Sector Commission’s Graduate Future Leaders Program (first year)
- Internal Foundations of Leadership program (second year)
- Computer based training
- External seminars and workshops
- Personal development courses
- Opportunities for regional placements and visits.
Although there is no guarantee of permanency after the graduate program finishes, graduates are strongly encouraged to apply for positions within the Housing Authority. Over 75% of graduates have taken on positions at the Housing Authority after their placements. We invest in our graduates and strive to utilise their skills, experience and expertise within the organisation and we can also assist with application and interview preparation.