At HWL Ebsworth we believe in investing in our people from the very beginning of their careers. We see the Graduate Program as the start of that investment, where we are committed to nurturing and supporting our employees to reach their full potential as lawyers. We don’t just say this, we prove it by supporting our Graduates through to partnership. That's why we are different.
We believe we stand out as an employer because we offer unrivalled career opportunities, working with Australia's most highly regarded commercial organisations, as well as Commonwealth and State Government Departments and Agencies. Our Gradate Program will ensure you get exposure to actual client matters, receive relevant feedback on your performance, as well as offer technical and practical seminars and workshops.
As Australia's fastest growing legal partnership, we do things a little differently. We pride ourselves on a merit based career development framework that ensures all employees are given the opportunity to advance to their desired level. We don't put time limits on your growth, you decide how far and fast you go.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for individuals with different strengths and attributes that will continue to add to our down to earth, no-fuss culture. Those who are self-motivated, keen to learn, have an ability to adapt to changing priorities and have excellent communication skills will succeed.
Our Graduate Program:
We want you to assist with real, challenging, and high-profile matters from day one. We will give you the opportunity to interact with our high-profile clients much earlier in your legal career, this is made possible by having the lowest ratio of Solicitors to Partners than any other Australian law firm.
Our carefully tailored Graduate Program will run for 12 months commencing in March 2022. You will experience two rotations in different practice groups and be supported to complete your PLT during the program, alongside a substantial cohort of peers.
What to expect from our Graduate Program:
- A customised induction program that will assist in familiarising you with our systems, processes and give real insight into our practice groups and life at HWLE.
- Real and rewarding training with extensive support from your supervising Partner and mentor.
- The chance to work with blue-chip clients that provide interesting work.
- Your practice groups will have you drafting, attending court, completing legal research, attending client meetings or attending settlements, in line with their regular daily activities.
- The opportunity to participate in feedback sessions with your supervising Partners to reflect on your development and receive real feedback to ensure you thrive.
- Seminars and workshops that give insight into our practice areas and help you develop invaluable skills.
- Opportunities to attend social events and network with your fellow colleagues, from Graduates through to Partners of the Firm.
Who can apply:
Applications are open to those who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Finished your degree or will finish before March 2022;
- Practical Legal Training (PLT) has not commenced or previously completed;
- Not yet admitted; and
- Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a firm that is dynamic, forward thinking and continues to experience substantial growth in the legal industry, this is an excellent opportunity to launch your legal career.
To be a part of a progressive law firm, apply for the Graduate Program in our Sydney or Norwest office.
For any enquiries regarding the program, please contact the People & Development team by emailing [email protected].
Applications close: 29 October 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
Bella Vista (Norwest),...
- Closing Date:29th Oct 2021, 6:00 am