Our Kickstart internship program is not like any other. Work while you study with the IBM internship program. Get a sense of our culture and values — and start to see the career you’d like to shape. Our internship provides you with a strong foundation for future employment – whether you stay with us at IBM.
The IBM internship is unique. Being an IBM intern means you gain valuable business experience with an entry level job and exposure to the world’s largest technology company. As an intern you will work alongside managers across the business and play a pivotal role in client interactions, providing solutions and honing your project management skills. Learn how to work as part of a team in a high-performance environment. Be valued for your contributions and take the opportunity to skill yourself in new technologies and methodologies.
Join IBM in a 12 month, full-time fixed term contract role and become a valued part of our business.
These paid positions available across a variety of functions: HR, Marketing, Logistics, Finance, Consulting, Design, Strategy, Computer Science and more!
- Intern Orientation; a full day introduction to the business
- Employee benefits and discounts
- Access to world class training in our IBM Your Learning online portal
- Lunch n’ Learn workshops that offer personal and professional development
- Speed Mentoring and networking with business leaders and other interns and graduates
- Ignite public speaking competition
- Intern network representative roles As an intern, you may work at IBM offices or client sites. Some travel between sites may be expected.
- We have opportunities in across Australia and New Zealand. Locations may vary year on year. Our internships are predominantly located across our two Sydney offices (Cumberland Forest and St Leonards) and our Melbourne office. Smaller intakes may open up across New Zealand, Perth, Southport, Ballarat and Brisbane.
To be eligible for our Internship Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or permanent residency holder
- Be enrolled in a tertiary degree at a University in Australia or New Zealand
- Have a strong academic record, i.e. credit average or above
- Less than 2 years relevant work experience
- Upload your CV, cover letter, current academic transcript, and current right to work documents (valid passport, or birth certificate and valid drivers license).
- You will be invited to sit our online aptitude test (IPAT) the following business day after you’ve applied online.
- Once you’ve passed the aptitude test, you’ll be invited for an HR interview. This interview will establish whether you meet our minimum requirements and are eligible for hire. If you are a good fit for one of our positions, a hiring manager will review your CV, and if they believe that you are suitable for their role, you’ll be invited to a final interview.
- If you are successful, you will be extended an offer
Working for IBM gives you access to a wealth of knowledge and expertise that you can use to better develop yourself both personally and professionally. Grow your network by meeting industry leading professionals and be mentored by sector leaders. Learn how big business works by joining IBM today.